60 Pounds Down - Finished My First Half Marathon (Pic)

Options
2»

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    wow you look so great! I bet it felt good to cross that finish line :)
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wow. Wow. Did I say Wow? Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look awesome.....so healthy and sooooo fit....congratulations.....
  • steph6467
    steph6467 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look AMAZING! What a great mom and dad you too, modeling health and fitness for your cute (!) kids. :)
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look awesome :)
  • Mmaboyd
    Mmaboyd Posts: 23
    Options
    Congrats man!
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success.

I'm planning to run my first half marathon in April next year and sometimes think how am I going to do, but reading your story is a true inspiration for me. Thanks for sharing ????????
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I've had to reset my loss to zero to give myself some motivation to get back on track. I started MFP in May 2011 and lost about 80 pounds, but have regained nearly 20. I just signed up for a half marathon in May 2014 and hope to achieve what you have! Thanks for the inspiration! And I'm sure your kids appreciate a happier, healthier dad!! Keep up the good work!
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great - other than the Cuse
  • BeefyBFit
    BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! Inspiring stuff!
  • jaysull21
    Options
    Congrats from another Orange fan! Looking forward to this hoops season.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    What a difference a year makes. I came to Syracuse, NY overweight, out of shape, and eating poorly. Decided to do something about my weight in February of 2013. I used MFP religiously up until summer of 2013...go a little slack after a couple of business trips in July. I still eat far better than I did prior to February 2013. My wife and I finished Insanity in June and started running.

Last week I entered my first half marathon with a goal of finishing under 2 hours. I DIT IT! I finished with a net time of 1:58:28! I haven't reached my goal weight due to not logging my meals. I've maintained my weight throughout the summer. I can definitely see the difference from a year ago. Only about six more pounds to lose.

September 2012
    b34b794a-3a96-4c86-9a74-0bc801c7b9f2_zps3345c0d5.jpg

October 20, 2013 - Empire State Half Marathon
    IMG_9041_zps1240102a.jpg

Congratulations!

You're children are adorable!
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look fantastic!!
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Wonderful work!
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm still a work in progress. I see a couple of Orange fans and haters. I'm actually a NC native, so I'm proud to see the Orange in the ACC. Go Heels!! It's not where you're from, but where you're at. Til I get back home, I'll be Orange for now.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Huge congrats.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Wow, very nice! I bet your children are happy to be in the same pic with you :)
    When my mom was pudgy, I admit I wanted to look in a different direction when having my pic taken with her lol. (But of course, I never told her that, that would have hurt her feelings lol)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!