Would you date....

Options
donthesitate
donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
Someone if you weren't physically attracted to them?

Replies

• 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    At this point in my life! Heck No! Bring on the hotties!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to be attracted to them, yes. Doesn't mean they have to have the body of a demi-god, but if they can make me laugh, that's hella sexy.
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    No...while sex isn't everything, it is an important part of the relationship. If I'm not physically attracted to them, the sex part wouldn't be enjoyable.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    No!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to be attracted to them, yes. Doesn't mean they have to have the body of a demi-god, but if they can make me laugh, that's hella sexy.

Well said!
  • MalindaLeigh714
    MalindaLeigh714 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    No...but just because someone's not conventionally attractive doesn't mean that I don't find them attractive. A big part of wanting to date someone, at least initially, is solely based on attraction. That being said, I'm married so I don't really have to worry about the whole "dating" thing anyway (;
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. He doesn't have to be conventionally attractive, but he has to be attractive *to me* or it's a no go for the physical stuff.

The next question is - can a guy that you don't find aesthetically attractive become so because of his personality, charisma, etc? I think for most women the answer is yes. And some women can even get there by virtue of his bank account (ahem, Hugh Hefner).
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. He doesn't have to be conventionally attractive, but he has to be attractive *to me* or it's a no go for the physical stuff.

The next question is - can a guy that you don't find aesthetically attractive become so because of his personality, charisma, etc? I think for most women the answer is yes. And some women can even get there by virtue of his bank account (ahem, Hugh Hefner).

A def yes for me
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think I would at least short term - just because I wasn't physically attracted to them immediately doesn't mean it won't develop later. Also you may be attracted to them mentally and then the physical part might not matter as much.

However, if push can to shove and I found that I wasn't attracted or thought I definitely would never be, then NO.

It might be kinder just say no from the start....
  • curigiri
    Options
    Funny i always dated guy not because their appearances, characters is more important to me, sure handsome guy would be cool to bragging on to friends but we need to communicate too right? so.. yes i could be attracted to someone although he is not physically attractive, but if he could cook and making me laugh most of the time why not?
  • GreekGoddess7319
    Options
    Yes. You can learn physical attraction. I learned it with my current boyfriend.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well... if I think that person has pottential from other aspects, I would go on a few dates, maybe 2-3, and then if no attraction existed I would end it with the dating.
    Attraction is a very complex thing and somethimes is has nothing to do with looks, so you have to know a person better.
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No. I would need to be attracted to them. What I find attractive isn't necessarily what everyone else finds attractive.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    No, but who I find physically attractive is a wider range than conventional attractiveness. They have to be physically attractive to me.