Options
check out this link...

http://lifehacker.com/5664527/burn-fat-by-sleeping-more

unfortunately, I'm an insomniac.....

Replies

• RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Ohh, great! I love sleep. Now, if that baby of mine would just allow it. LOL
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Its a study done on 10 people... i wouldnt exactly call that accurate.

However i beleive that getting enough sleep is essential.

VKPMUSIC: Have you tried Valerian, its a herbal remedy. Its what Valium is partially made from (they add heaps of other chemicals tho to make Valium)
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options

VKPMUSIC: Have you tried Valerian, its a herbal remedy. Its what Valium is partially made from (they add heaps of other chemicals tho to make Valium)

Valium and valerian are unrelated.
    From www.drugs.com:
    "Valerian is a natural herb while valium (diazepam) is a synthetic chemical compound. These two drugs have NO derivatisation relationship. The reason why Valerian is called "nature valium" is that both Valerian and valium can treat anxiety and insomnia, with valerian being a natural compound."
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Valium and valerian are unrelated.
    From www.drugs.com:
    "Valerian is a natural herb while valium (diazepam) is a synthetic chemical compound. These two drugs have NO derivatisation relationship. The reason why Valerian is called "nature valium" is that both Valerian and valium can treat anxiety and insomnia, with valerian being a natural compound."

Im sorry if I provided incorrect info... I was passing on what i had been told.

Either way, Valerian Root is an excellent sleep assistant! =)
  • elainegsd
    Options
    Either way, Valerian Root is an excellent sleep assistant! =)

Now with THIS statement, I completely agree! ;-)
  • wildfiona
    Options
    yawn :O
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump:yawn: can't sleep:grumble: :frown: :yawn:

Thanks to both of you for the info on the Valerian Root:drinker: j

I just took a 2nd Ambien...hate taking those....especially since the first one didn't even work:noway: :laugh: :sad:
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Sleep would be awesome! Except I have to work. And when I don't work, the toddler gets up. And sometimes he gets up when I have to work, so.....

Can't they make weight loss coffee?!?!?! :drinker:
  • wildfiona
    Options
    Just a shame we can't add it on our exercise list! :laugh:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Ohh, great! I love sleep. Now, if that baby of mine would just allow it. LOL

Agreed!
    I have a 25 month old and 11.5 month old and am 31 weeks pregnant. At least one of the three is keeping me up most of the night lol.
  • elainegsd
    Options
    Was trying to remember the name yesterday, finally it came to me. Melatonin is also supposed to be really good for helping you sleep, and really gentle on your system. This is the supplement that my doctor always recommends when I'm having troubles sleeping.