Need Accountability and Support

Options
I am getting back into myfitnesspal after being away for too long and I now know that I need more discipline and self control to succeed in achieving my weight loss goals. I thrive off of encouragement and affirmation I will struggle with the first several days of being back, making it a point to logging my food and activity. Right now I am just looking for friends who are willing to stick with me.

Replies

• Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Welcome :) I'm happy to encourage. Feel free to add me.
  • jjrbh00
    jjrbh00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have come to learn that we should celebrate our small steps (getting back on track is a huge step!). Choices, choices-it is all about the daily choices you make-like I said, small steps. I have started to try and pre-plan my meals for the day and swapping foods out and finding that their are huge differences in the choices I had made. An example-starving for pizza-I found by not going to little ceasers and making my own with the barboli pizza crust I could have 1/2 of it for what 2 small pieces would have been-and much more delicous! So, use the food log and just play around with it and notice how swapping things out can make big differences. We are all here to support you!
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome back man, this is a big step in the right direction! Feel free to add me :)
  • Confucius08
    Confucius08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ditto Kilo76

I managed to jump back on after 2 years after participating in a RIO (Brazilian Dance Class) and joining a DietBet (Cost $30 / I ended up winning $49.) I knew I needed to get back in and these 2 events helped encourage me. The DietBet helped a lot because it was connected to my Facebook (accountability) AND I wanted my money back.

I struggle a lot with eating (not so much exercise) I eat when I am bored, happy, anxious, etc...you name it. Thinking about doing another DietBet for 28 Days (Nov 1 - Nov 28th) to see if this is what I need again.

I also started logging my food and exercise again on MyfitnessPal. My goal is 10% of my body weight by the end of the year. 4% by Thanksgiving. :grumble:
  • DaveS_63
    Options
    Hello!

That's what we are here for. As long as you are here we will stick with you.

feel free to add me.
  • Cher_bearr
    Options
    Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat.. Having the support of people around me is very important in weight loss, and I've given up many times before.. I would like to help you out, if you think you can help me too. :bigsmile:
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    Options
    This goes for all of you here - please feel free to send me a friend request. The more the merrier, & the more friends, the greater the support & encouragement for all. :)
  • ohmyword9
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Jettisson
    Jettisson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am super supportive!
  • KKE23
    KKE23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am in the same boat!
  • EbonyGlitter
    EbonyGlitter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey.
    I'm in the same boat.

I've done this all so many times before, but I just can't seem to make it "stick" this time around. Looking for like-minded people to share progress, struggles and definitely accountability with.
    I'm open to any and everyone :)
  • LilchookNZ
    Options
    Hi, I know what starting over... and over feels like too! Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You can add me I will encourage you :) Your going to great !