Water weight gain at Goal weigh

Options
So everyone says we lose water weight first that reduces in chunks in the beginning.
once we reach goal weight and eat normally we gain that weight back immediately in chunks.

So how much weight did you gained back within a few days after being at goal weight.

Replies

• ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i also want to know abt it
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    There is a good post out there floating around on this.. from what I recall.. five pounds. So..the advice was if you want to weigh 140...lose down to 135..and when you start eating at maintenance ..you'll gain five in water weight (not fat) and you'll be at your goal weight.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have about a 3-4 lb fluctuation. Yesterday, I was 126 and today I am 123....The only real rhyme or reason that I can determine is that I am at my highest the day after a workout.

It is important to realize that these fluctuations are normal!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    basically your glycogen stores account for about five pounds of weight..so when you deplete those you lose five pounds and then start burning through fat...

when you come back to maintenance yo replenish glycogen stores and "gain" five pounds..

so if you want to weight 135, you should cut to 130 and then eat at maintenance and when glycogen replenishes you will be at 135...
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for three weeks and haven't regained anything yet. I eat low-carb and do find that if I splurge on them I will retain a couple of pounds of water for 24 hours until they have been digested through my system.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    basically your glycogen stores account for about five pounds of weight..so when you deplete those you lose five pounds and then start burning through fat...

when you come back to maintenance yo replenish glycogen stores and "gain" five pounds..

so if you want to weight 135, you should cut to 130 and then eat at maintenance and when glycogen replenishes you will be at 135...

If I lost 5 lb below my goal weight, I'd be seriously underweight. I don't think 5 lbs is a reasonable amount of water/glycogen weight to assume across the board. For me, it is 2 lbs max (5'6" 115 lbs).
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any water weight when I reached my goal. I have maintained it for more than two years. You may not experience this. I also gain 2-3 pounds if I have an occasional treat but it usually goes away within a few days.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any either, but I also added calories in on very slowly, so just got at a smaller and smaller deficit. I think, since the weight is glycogen and water, that it added on slowly over several months and I lost fat the same time I gained it, so never noticed. I believe this is why I stopped needing to eat religiously every few hours or I would drop by blood sugar. Stored glycogen allows you to keep a nice, study bloody sugar level.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I didn't experience this either, I've been maintaining since the end of March.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    So everyone says we lose water weight first that reduces in chunks in the beginning.
    once we reach goal weight and eat normally we gain that weight back immediately in chunks.

So how much weight did you gained back within a few days after being at goal weight.

Sorry this seems so silly to me.... just eat right and monitor how you look instead of the scale.