Bad Eating Day... How to Recover ?

Options
If you take a look at my diary, today was complete POO. I slept from 10pm to 11am, missed Zumba this morning and ate like crap. Dad drank my lunch (ice and apple in the nutribullet) after I offered him a TASTE. Also He just had chemo yesterday.

What's your way of shaking off bad days ? I don't mean cheat days but "HOLY 4-LETTER WORD"

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You really need to start trying to take in more protein. You go over your calorie allotment frequently, and it's often due to high-sugar, high-calorie snacks that don't leave you satiated for very long. Protein helps a LOT in keeping you full.

As far as recovering goes, there's not much you can do but keep on going. You could slightly cut your calories for the next few days and increase your exercise to minimize the damage, but it's pretty much done at this point.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Log it - move on.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Yep - log it and move on.

But at the end of the day, it was ONE DAY. So maybe it set you back a week? Big deal. The bigger risk is that one bad day becomes quitting all together and that could set you back months or years.

Today is a new day, move forward, and don't punish yourself.
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Today was a crappy day for me, too. My legs hurt something awful, so I'm not working out and I stress ate from some drama that was happening. Almost at calorie goal and I haven't even had dinner yet.

I was really upset with myself, but junk happens. This is life. Fall off the wagon, run like crazy and get back on it. Don't let one bad day derail your progress. Just log it, learn from it and move on.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Log it - move on.

QFT!!!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. It was just one day. Won't affect you in the grand scheme of things unless you allow it to discourage you and give up entirely.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I try to make a vegetable juice beverage (juiced beets, celery and cucumber really detoxes the system) and hope that I don't fudge up the next day. With the veggie juice in my system I feel better and want to do better.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. We all have them.
    And for heaven's sake, make yourself another apple & ice drink. If your dad on chemo has found something he likes and can keep down, give it to him!!!! Love on him and hope and pray that he is here to take your drinks for a long, long time.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    And for heaven's sake, make yourself another apple & ice drink. If your dad on chemo has found something he likes and can keep down, give it to him!!!! Love on him and hope and pray that he is here to take your drinks for a long, long time.

This.. I just lost my mom to cancer and I would love to be able to make her just one more Nutribullet drink.. :brokenheart:
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I agree with what MelissaPhipps just said..:)
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Log it, and just move on. Today is a new day.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Log it - move on.

QFT!!!
    x2
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Draw a line, cross over, move on!
  • rowdygirl003
    rowdygirl003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One day....it's not bad...you know you won't fall back to the old ways....it's only one day...not one week! Don't be so hard on yourself...keep moving forward! You got this!
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eat well today.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

This. I'd give anything to be able to make my dad one more drink
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that your dad is sick :( Do you ever journal or talk to anyone?

As for the bad day....yeah, start over tomorrow. And like someone else said, get protein in...whether it's PB with your apple, a small piece of cheese or some kind of meat.

Hope your dad will be okay.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I agree with the log it and moving on comments. I noted that you logged over 1, 100 calories as a burn for a 75 minute Zumba class. That seems like an overestimate. Are you wearing a HRM to calculate these burns?

Best wishes for you and your dad.
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I replied before without looking at your journal....you must be so hungry!!! I couldn't imagine eating what you eat...it's mostly calorie/fat dense foods in small portions. I would be starving.

Are you really 14 going on 15? If you're not into cooking, it might be worth it to talk to your parents about picking frozen meals...so that you at least eat something in the 4 food groups at each meal...aim for 300-500 calorie meals 3 times a day and you can still have 1 cookie/sweet snack a day...and use the rest of your calories for veggies...it will help increase your fibre (so you don't have to take Metamucil) and keep you fuller longer.

Sweets and fancy coffee drinks should not be where you're getting the majority of your calories. It creates too many highs and lows in your body.

Good luck :)