Kind of Depressed Cant stop binge eating

Options
So on Monday I got hit by a car. Ever since Wednesday I have been binge eating like crazy. It bothers me that they will probably not catch the person despite the fact that I got the license plate and that has made me really depressed like crazy. I am sinking back into old behaviors where I try to cope with junk food. I shirked going to the gym because my arm, shin, and neck were in pain but now I have a feeling that I will probably not go back to the gym next week, I can feel the weight creeping back and it really bothers me. Before the accident I was on a brown rice and vegetable diet to help battle candida but now I am eating so terribly, I am keeping walmart in business. Any ways I can get over this?

Replies

• GnosisGnosis
    Options
    You can never depend on outside sources for your happiness. If you do, the happiness is impure and easily transformed into suffering. If you retreat inside yourself, I know you will find that the depression is unnecessary and transient. You are alive, after all, and this is a gift that should make you happy :) All of us forget that sometimes, but it's important to remember.

To be efficient and want better for yourself, the depression has to subside. Do everything you can to be happy: Go for walks, meditate, listen to music, whatever. Once you are happy success will come as a byproduct of that. I'm sorry you got hit by a car, some people are legitimately not cool (All the more reason to be happy in spite of them!)
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ^You probably don't need another response after that, because it was so great. But, I'll offer some support as well.

110lbs lost!! You've done so much for yourself, do you really want to ruin all of that just because of something that happened out of your control? What you eat and how you treat your body is what you are in control of.

Remind yourself of how unhappy you were with your old behaviors. You are so close to your goal weight! Girl, I feel ya. I feel the pain for you. But don't let some a-hole ruin all your hard work, you're stronger than that.

Try to find things that make you happy. Make new goals for yourself. Maybe try to find some activities you can still do with your injuries. Burn some cals and get moving! All the junk food and damaged done can be forgiven, but if you start now it will be less damage you'll have to deal with later.

You can do it!
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    I have never been hit by a car, so I don't know what it feels like.

But think about this - you walked away with only minor injuries - you could have died or been wheelchair bound for the rest of your life.

Try to focus on the good parts - it is not that important that you didn't go to the gym this week, but it is super important that you go there. **Don't skip going this week**, if your body is in pain then drossel your exercise level down. Can you walk? Then just walk on the threadmill. Can you jog, jog.

The reason is simple. You aren't going because you want to exercise but to save your habit of going to the gym. That habit is super important and must be saved.

About your binge eating, you may have to throw the crap out of your house so you don't end up eating it without think about it. If you actually have to go out and buy some, you are _much_ less likely to do that.
  • staystrong_314159
    staystrong_314159 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't buy any binge foods when you go to the store. Throw away all the crap in your house.
  • ClaUuuUuu
    ClaUuuUuu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awwww... You poor thing... Better times are on their way...

Just hold it there sweetie!!!

If you can loose all that weight you HAVE IT IN YOU to take back the control little by little.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I can't really add much since everyone has made some great points. You DO have it in you to stop. If you really have depression, or even just feeling depressed, it wouldn't hurt to talk to someone about it instead of eating your feelings.

As far as your car accident goes...these things do take time. Unfortunately, right after your call, the officer may have been pulled for a burglary, another car accident, a runaway call, etc. If you have a question about the status, call the police department that took the report.
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been depressed and struggling too. About three months ago, my niece was killed in a car accident. She was pregnant with her first child. Its been devastating to my family. I've been struggling with my eating and gained almost 10 pounds, I'm now back down to within three pounds of where I was.

It helped me to remember how proud she was of me. When I slip, I don't beat myself up. Its not how many times I fall down; its how many times I stand up. I'm still struggling with my emotions. It is up to me to control my behaviours.
  • loout
    loout Posts: 13
    Options
    You can never depend on outside sources for your happiness. If you do, the happiness is impure and easily transformed into suffering. If you retreat inside yourself, I know you will find that the depression is unnecessary and transient. You are alive, after all, and this is a gift that should make you happy :) All of us forget that sometimes, but it's important to remember.

To be efficient and want better for yourself, the depression has to subside. Do everything you can to be happy: Go for walks, meditate, listen to music, whatever. Once you are happy success will come as a byproduct of that. I'm sorry you got hit by a car, some people are legitimately not cool (All the more reason to be happy in spite of them!)

Very well said!! Your response will help many people! I am also a binge eater when I am sad. And of course, after the eating is done, I feel worse than I did before. Just gotta find my happy :)
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was hit by a car and I gained 30lbs. You need to get yourself out of this funk. Do whatever exercises you feel you can do. The more you don't exercise the harder it is to get back into it. Don't buy junk food.
    Good Luck, I hope they catch them!