I haven't been hungry at all yesterday and today (Help)

Options
Okay so yesterday i wasn't hungry at all made myself eat toast in the morning, and a grilled cheese at 11pm. Today, I feel even less hungry no hunger pains at all and haven't eaten a thing and it's already midnight. It's probably unhealthy but what could be causing this?

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    undereating and overtraining both result in loss of appetite.....

why aren't you eating? you working on developing an eating disorder?

so, you're ~250 pounds and you've only eaten about 600 calories in two days?

Why do you even waste your time tracking your calories if you're just going to do something completely unhealthy?

Go eat.

You know what you're doing is unhealthy and you ought to know its not going to yield the results you desire.
  • bowlofpeaches
    bowlofpeaches Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    undereating and overtraining both result in loss of appetite.....

why aren't you eating? you working on developing an eating disorder?

so, you're ~250 pounds and you've only eaten about 600 calories in two days?

Why do you even waste your time tracking your calories if you're just going to do something completely unhealthy?

Go eat.

You know what you're doing is unhealthy and you ought to know its not going to yield the results you desire.

I know it's not healthy, and i've been trying to eat more, but all i asked was, "What could be causing this?" "WHY is my body not hungry when i burn calories. I feel full without eating." All I wanted was an answer because it was odd. I usually only eat when i'm hungry.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try to use this site as it's meant to be used? You aren't supposed to starve yourself. Sorry.. go see a doctor if you can't change that way of thinking because you're going to get sick.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Some days I don't have an appetite for a few days in a row, and some days I want to eat everything in sight. I don't know about men but I think it's pretty typical for women. Undereating for a few days isn't going to hurt you or destroy your metabolism (as long as you don't have blood sugar issues, then you might pass out, lol.) You'll likely get your appetite back soon and be fine. :smile:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    are you saying that this is something that came up in the last day or two? or is this your "normal" way of eating?

if it's something very recent and you just feel like "not eating" - the simple explanation is that you could be coming down with a flu or mono or something, so call your doctor.

If this is *how you operate* then you need to get help for an eating disorder. (it just wasn't clear from your OP)>
  • bowlofpeaches
    Options
    i can normally just eat everything lol, but this is just a random occurrence for me something out of the blue, but I don't feel sick or have any flu symptoms. I just thought it was strange is all and was wondering if it happened to someone else out of the blue.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i can normally just eat everything lol, but this is just a random occurrence for me something out of the blue, but I don't feel sick or have any flu symptoms. I just thought it was strange is all and was wondering if it happened to someone else out of the blue.
    well, the "loss of appetite" could be a flu symptom (or something else) in and of itself that's why i said to speak to your doctor.
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well first off I want to apologize for all of the antagonistic responses you received.

Now to the actual question; I would say don't worry about it too much if it's just 2 days - a few days of low calories won't do any harm, and I'd say it's healthier to only eat when you're hungry than to force yourself to eat when you're not as that builds an unhealthy relationship with food and you don't learn to listen to your body's signals.

That said, if it continues for more than 2-3 days I'd definitely see a doctor as it might mean something is going on. I'd also try to eat at least something light and nutritious at that point because it's clear that your body's signals are all warped and you'll need some nutrients or you'll start to suffer.
  • bowlofpeaches
    Options
    Well first off I want to apologize for all of the antagonistic responses you received.

Now to the actual question; I would say don't worry about it too much if it's just 2 days - a few days of low calories won't do any harm, and I'd say it's healthier to only eat when you're hungry than to force yourself to eat when you're not as that builds an unhealthy relationship with food and you don't learn to listen to your body's signals.

That said, if it continues for more than 2-3 days I'd definitely see a doctor as it might mean something is going on. I'd also try to eat at least something light and nutritious at that point because it's clear that your body's signals are all warped and you'll need some nutrients or you'll start to suffer.

Thank you!!! :)))
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had to force myself to eat last couple days. I was sick.

If you are counting calories you know what you should be eating. Make sure you hit the number you aim for give or take 500 calories.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    It's possible that you are now associating food with being fat and you've developed a strong desire not to be fat so you're subconsciously thinking that if you don't eat then you won't get fat, which may well be true but if you don't eat then you will get ill. So it's a fine balance.

When I started this weight loss thing, I was eating about 1000 cals a day and I could see how easy it was to cross the line into ED territory, ignoring the need for food with a focused desire on losing weight. (I now eat 2400 to 3000 cals a day FWIW.)

The health implications for not eating much are quite serious - hair loss, low immunity (ie you catch colds easily), missed periods for starters. I feel pretty good these days but I still haven't had any periods.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    well, the "loss of appetite" could be a flu symptom (or something else) in and of itself that's why i said to speak to your doctor.
    Exactly. I got sick four days ago, am pretty much over it, and still haven't regained my appetite. You should check it out with your doctor!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    if you're feeling unwell, it could be the flue (as others have suggested) or food poisoning. i know that when i had food poisoning, i ate one orange all day and was good with that. it's not like i am going to die from one day of not eating. *pokes her belly fat*

if you feel sleepy or sick or anything, definitely go see your doc. if it's just those two days and tomorrow it's back to normal for you, good. nothing wrong with you or your body.
  • GloriaKate417
    Options
    That has only happened to me once and it because I was extremely stressed out. Even when I tried to eat, the food just felt so gross and unappetizing in my mouth. That went on for about 3 or 4 days, then my appetite came back... I think it was because there was a resolution to the cause of my stress though.

Are you stressed out?

You should try to eat some small, healthy things even if your body isn't telling you it's hungry. Make it a point to eat SOMETHING for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It doesn't have to be a whole huge meal, just eat something so you're not running on empty.

Your appetite should come back soon. If it doesn't come back within a week, definitely be in touch with a doctor.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    people just love to jump on a bandwagon here and assume the worst and criticise.
    It could be down to stress, or as others have said you could be getting ill. Try to eat, as going hungry may make you feel more rubbish in the long run
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Assuming you have nothing physical wrong and assuming you do not have an eating disorder, it's possible you are depressed or emotionally upset. That often makes a person have no appetite. Also, everyone "gets off his feed" now and then. I don't know why but it's natural. I have days when I'm not really hungry but I sort of graze so I don't eat a whole lot at any one time.

If this keeps up with you, however, you should see a doctor to rule out a physical problem and/or an emotional one. I suggest you try and take in some nutrition somehow. Perhaps some protein shakes or bananas or Ensure or whatever you can keep down and half-way enjoy. You need nutrition and you should try to get at least 1200 calories per day.

Hopefully you'll feel hunger again very soon. I'm sorry so many here are being critical. The problem you have is very real and painful and should not be criticized. People can be cruel.
  • bowlofpeaches
    Options
    That has only happened to me once and it because I was extremely stressed out. Even when I tried to eat, the food just felt so gross and unappetizing in my mouth. That went on for about 3 or 4 days, then my appetite came back... I think it was because there was a resolution to the cause of my stress though.

Are you stressed out?

You should try to eat some small, healthy things even if your body isn't telling you it's hungry. Make it a point to eat SOMETHING for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It doesn't have to be a whole huge meal, just eat something so you're not running on empty.

Your appetite should come back soon. If it doesn't come back within a week, definitely be in touch with a doctor.

Definitely stressing a whole lot lately I suppose we've possibly found the culprit!!