Low Carb Dieting

Options
Any of you guys/gals doing the low carb diet? Please share you recipes or whatever you throw together. Thank!!

Replies

• Mlpalm022
    Options
    I am relatively low carb. I'm at a point where I need to have the same things every day to stay w/my calorie limit. I eat about 1/2-1cup of grains at breakfast & lunch. After lunch, very limited to no carbs, except for legumes. It's not hard actually. Lots of veggies & protein. A typical day for me looks like: Breakfast- 1/2 a serving of quick oats or malt-o-meal, 1/4-1/2cup berries, 2 egg whites & 1 egg; Lunch- tuna, green beans, rice with salsa; Dinner - turkey burger patty only or chicken breast, 1-1 1/2 cups frozen veggies & salad. I eat cheese sticks, carrots, almonds or an apple for snacks. Hope this helps.
  • Gertrude2013
    Options
    I'm just starting off on modified low carb so I am looking for ideas. This will get me started. Thanks
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do low-carb. Mostly I have bacon and eggs for breakfast; a big salad at lunch with dark leafy greens, cheese or other protein, pumpkin seeds, and an oil and vinegar dressing; for dinner I make pork chops or chicken legs with roasted or boiled veggies with butter on them. Dessert is often frozen berries with a bit of cream.
  • ni1966
    ni1966 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am on the under 20 carbs a day, I have done 5 days with only two lbs lost. Is this normal? I expected more :(
  • alowry25
    alowry25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am on the under 20 carbs a day, I have done 5 days with only two lbs lost. Is this normal? I expected more :(

It took me 2 months to lose 7 lbs so I guess it depends on your body or exercise routine. Good luck!!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I want to/have been trying to lower my carb intake but I'm really finding it hard!!

Would love some ideas/recipes too from members who have successfully been able to achieve low carb diet!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb & my diary is open if anybody wants to look for ideas. :)
  • Nancygirl83
    Options
    I am new to low carb and new here. Would love to have suggestions/ support. Trying to do under 20 for two weeks (I am day 3). How do I survive Halloween parties? Yikes
  • Nancygirl83
    Options
    I'm low carb & my diary is open if anybody wants to look for ideas. :)

Thanks!
  • alowry25
    alowry25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to/have been trying to lower my carb intake but I'm really finding it hard!!

Would love some ideas/recipes too from members who have successfully been able to achieve low carb diet!

One of my FAV, also easy, low carb foods is bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapenos. I could eat those every other day!! I've also made stuffed bell peppers but I am not a fan of bell peppers. I tried to love them but I just cant :o( I also eat the Atkins breakfast bowls and lunches. Its something quick to get during the work week
  • gloriacasale
    Options
    i think a really good diet is the south beach diet.i saw immediate result on phase one and lost 5lbs in 5 days. unfortunately i fell off and went back to my old habits but im trying again. btw the book comes with recipes to help with the phases. and you dont have to buy the book. i borrow mine from the library.

and you should try recipes.com. they have lots of good stuff and even help with your grocery list. :)
  • GoodCarbs
    Options
    The great thing about low carb is I can eat all the fat I want and eat moderate protein and guess what? calories is not an issue for me. No need to count calories. Dont forget your low carb veggies and have low sugar fruit once in a while. Thats what works for me.
    I stay away from grains,wheat flour. that stuff turns on my cravings for more!
  • GoodCarbs
    Options
    Nice! Thats how you do it!
  • suzanzale
    suzanzale Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best thing I have found lately is Julian Bakery Gluten free non gmo zero carb bread.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Insulin Resistance diet for pre-diabetes and I'm Gluten Free. I stick to a 7 protein to 15 carb ratio that doesn't exceed 30 carbs at any meal. I have an open diary for friends if anyone wants to add me.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets are not healthy. They cause your blood sugar to go way up, which is a precursor of diabetes. You're better off staying away from fad diets and simply eating healthy foods in moderation. There are some people who, for some health reasons, have to lower their carbs. But basically healthy people have no need to. You need carbs to make insulin to keep your blood sugar regulated.
  • aletheathomas39
    aletheathomas39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love bread. But I love it so much it causes me to gain weight quickly.

I like to limit myself to one meal having carbs, and I keep that to about a 1 cup serving. I like to stick to veggies for the rest of the day. My favorite thing to do is use lettuce or any other leafy green to make wraps.

Another trick is to replace spaghetti with zucchini noodles. You have to have a julienne peeler or a spiralizer to make the noodles. You can either eat the noodles raw or cook them in simmering water for a few minutes until tender. Once you go through a few meals replacing carbs it gets easier to find great substitutes.

But if you really want to have a carb stick to whole wheat. You get more nutritional value from whole wheat than you do from white.

Hope this is helpful

51917313.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets are not healthy. They cause your blood sugar to go way up, which is a precursor of diabetes. You're better off staying away from fad diets and simply eating healthy foods in moderation. There are some people who, for some health reasons, have to lower their carbs. But basically healthy people have no need to. You need carbs to make insulin to keep your blood sugar regulated.

Lol
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Any of you guys/gals doing the low carb diet? Please share you recipes or whatever you throw together. Thank!!

http://cavemanketo.com
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

That's normal. What might help is an increase in your water intake because low carb/high fat diets tend to up your sodium a bit.