INSANITY workout- does it work?

Options
hey yall, im interested in trying the insanity workout challenge. i was wondering if any of you have tried it and wanted to know if it works before i invest $120 in it? ive read the reviews from the site and other sources but i would like to hear real testomonies.

Replies

• Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It works...just like any workout. Point is to stay at a reasonable deficit.
    Eat well with that program.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion, any form of exercise that elevates your heart rate and makes you burn calories is good and will give you results as long as your eating is right.

With that said, insanity is a good workout that is cardio oriented. I would rather buy it on eBay or Craigslist at a cheaper price. I wouldn't spend $100 for it.

Again, whether or not is a good workout to burn fat (not to develop muscle), you'll have to pay lots of attention to your eating if you want to see results.
  • gloriacasale
    Options
    thanks yall. :) i am eating right (south beach dieter) but i just want to excell the weightloss.
    45899663.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm an Insanity graduate. :happy: It really does kick your butt and you will definitely see results. I've done the program twice. The first time I gained a lot of muscle definition and I loved that, however, I didn't lose much weight or many inches. That's because I did not watch my calorie intake when I did the workout, so I didn't create much of a deficit. The second time around, I calculated my TDEE and watched my calorie intake, that time seeing weight loss results, too. You can lose just as much weight doing HIIT while running on your own as you could with Insanity, but from a muscle definition perspective, Insanity is definitely worth it. I'd been doing ab exercises and arm exercises on my own for years, but I really noticed a difference in how tone I became after Insanity. I've never been a member of a gym, but it sure as heck looked like it, after I completed Insanity!!
  • absmith_
    absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just graduated today! Lost 16 pounds and 12 inches. Here is my pictures! <<<
  • RaeFlemett
    RaeFlemett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to be realistic about what you are going to be willing to do when it comes to any exercise routine, but especially one so intense as INSANITY. The majority of my weight loss happened simply by changing the way I eat. I thought that I would be able to walk 3 miles three times a week, 6 miles on the weekend, and do an exercise video twice a week. Reality is...I am lazy!!! I don't feel like doing much of anything by the time I get home from work, honestly. I did start walking for 30 minutes 5 times a week (during my lunch break at work), but that's about it. My husband got the Power 90 workout (the one you should do BEFORE trying P90X) from Beach Body and I have done the 40-minute Fat Burner workout a total of three times over the last two months. It's a good workout, I felt great afterwards, but again, I'm lazy. :) Add to that the fact that the L-Bs are still coming off (maybe slower than if I exercised more, but still coming off) and it makes it even harder to get myself motivated to do the video. I got a Jawbone UP so that I could motivate myself on those days that I don't feel like walking (plus, I like having the activity and sleep info) and I log all my food on MFP, but for the most part, I feel like my changes have come mostly just from improving my diet.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Nearly any home fitness workout will get the job done. I did two rounds of Insanity and saw great results (40+ lbs lost). But in the end I realized that it's really about nutrition/deficit. Insanity isn't a magic bullet, the weight doesn't melt off UNLESS you do the work AND practice discipline during mealtime.
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Best workout I've done in my life.
    It's really hard, but totally worth it.