What to wear running?

Options
2»

Replies

• candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Beware of chafe! Tighter fitting pants work better for me for that reason.
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't think Sweatpants and a hoodie would look silly at all. In fact, When my brother was in Cross-Country in High School they had a 'cold weather' outfit that consisted of Sweat pants and a hoodie for those early morning runs. You'd see the entire team out running in them almost every morning, and any time during after-school practice that it was chilly.
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I chafe more in tighter things when running, haha! Previous experience from High School :laugh:

Oh well I guess I'll be fine :P
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    wear what you have that is weather appropriate. Believe me, no one on the running path is judging you! I never really notice what other runners are wearing. lol. Running is not the time to worry about such things. Its our time! Most important things about what you wear: Your bra, your shoes and your attitude. lol
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    wear what you have that is weather appropriate. Believe me, no one on the running path is judging you! I never really notice what other runners are wearing. lol. Running is not the time to worry about such things. Its our time! Most important things about what you wear: Your bra, your shoes and your attitude. lol

Amen!!!! :)
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Trust me, no one cares what you wear to run other than you. Wear what you are comfortable in and what is appropriate for the temperature. You might want to look into non-cotton clothing (especially socks) and wicking fabrics to help with chaffing and blisters and I would suggest dressing for temps 10-15 degrees higher than it actually is outside. You might not need to invest in everything at once; maybe get one or two base pieces to start and add as you go.

Other than that, knock yourself out