Sugar Free Dessert Recipies Needed!

Options
mrsf17
mrsf17 Posts: 32
I really want to bake/make some type of dessert this weekend. I've done sugar-free for long periods of time in the past but I used to load myself up with equal like there was no tomorrow which I have since decided against. So does anyone have any great dessert recipe that requires no added sugar or that can be done with stevia(truvia) or perhaps a very small amount of splenda. All dessert ideas welcome. Extra points for something chocolate or pumpkin!! :) Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• foxylady8098
    Options
    I saw an article once that had a formula for replacing sugar with apple sauce. I just can't remember what it was (I wish I'd kept the article). Try to google it and see what you can find.
  • freightdiva
    freightdiva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    my favorite 5 minute sugarfree recipe is 2 packages of ff/sugarfree vanilla pudding make as usual per package instructions ( I use 1% milk but u can u what you like mix this then combine with large tub ff/sugarfree whipped topping adding 1 tsp cinnamon and then layering a trifle bowl with sugerfree vanilla wafers and sliced bananas. I just served this to my mom who had the big D and hates sugerfree products and she didn't realize it was!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    i made some banana bread yesterday...does that count as dessert??? :)

only 1/4 cup of splenda AND used 1/4 cup pumpkin :)

I'll post in a minute
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup Splenda - No Calorie Sweetener, 6 cals
    2 Tbsp Land O Lakes - Light Butter With Canola Oil, 100 cals
    1/4 cup Generic - Egg Beaters, 30 cals
    1/4 cup Libby's - 100% Pumpkin, 20 cals
    3 small xtra ripe banana Banana -225 cals
    3/4 cup Gold Medal - Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, 300 cals
    1/2 cup Bobs Red Mill - Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, 220 cals
    .5 tsp Arm & Hammer - Pure Baking Soda, 0 cals

Per Serving: 90 19 1 3 90 2

mix splenda and soft butter with beater on med for 3-5 min until well mixed. add egg, pumpkin, and banana (i added 1 tsp vanilla as well) - FOLD into splenda/butter mixture until well combined.

in separate bowl mix dry ingredients (it didn't rise well so i would increase the baking soda to 1tsp -- I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg)

add 1/2 dry mix to wet mix and stir together w/ wooden spoon. add 2nd half and mix well.

bake for 50 min on 350deg.

I made this yesterday and it was GREAT!!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    my favorite 5 minute sugarfree recipe is 2 packages of ff/sugarfree vanilla pudding make as usual per package instructions ( I use 1% milk but u can u what you like mix this then combine with large tub ff/sugarfree whipped topping adding 1 tsp cinnamon and then layering a trifle bowl with sugerfree vanilla wafers and sliced bananas. I just served this to my mom who had the big D and hates sugerfree products and she didn't realize it was!

I'd LOVE to make this for my husband who has the big 'D' but I'm not clear on the instructions. So I make the sugar free vanilla pudding as normal. Then I add 1tsp cinnamon to the whipped topping or the pudding? thanks for sharing! :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks that feels like a dessert is 1 cup Fage 0% greek yogurt, 1/4 cup pure pumpkin, tsp pumpkin pie spice and a packet of Splenda. Calories = 140, carbs = 12 and protein is a whopping 20g! Tastes like pumpkin mousse.

And you can use Splenda in place of sugar in any recipe, and applesauce or pumpkin in place of oils. I make my cupcakes and muffins this way and they are always moist and delicious!