Shirataki Noodles???? Any Ideas?

Options
I made Hungry Girl's Mac-n-Cheese last night for dinner, wasn't real impressed with the finished product. The cheese didn't really melt and was oily. Is that the norm? The consistency was runny and I did dry the noodles before I placed in microwave with the cheese mixture. Has anyone else had a better outcome with these noodles. I think it would have been better if the cheese sauce with incorporated with the noodles. Thanks for any suggestions.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    depends on how you made it and what with (i.e. from scratch or with packet rubbish) but i'd use an oven instead, microwaves make food taste disgusting imho. Haven't had one in my house for 7 years, and i don't miss it.

i always mix my sauce with whatever on the hob for a min or so before putting it in the oven so that it's all well mixed. on the hob you can also reduce anything that's too runny if you need to first.
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have been tempted to try them recently. How do you like them?
  • bluestonechic
    bluestonechic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A little different texture than regular noodles, but tolerable. Will try other suggestion by baking it next time.
  • Lepouxo
    Lepouxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good with stir fried veggies and chicken
  • sheilsun
    Options
    Hi! Here is a wonderful recipe and preparation idea for low cal super delicious Mac n Cheese using Miracle Noodle. I keep repeating this recipe at home..well,,see what you think. Hope you like it. here is the link:
    http://www.blogilates.com/food-2/skinny-mac-n-cheese-for-88-cals-a-serving
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i stir fry mine... rinse/drain the noodles well, then fry them in a nonstick pan for a while to let more of the water burn off. in a separate pan, i stirfry my veggies/tofu/seitan/whatever with some thai peanut sauce, then mix it all together
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, my body doesn't tolerate shirataki noodles well. I've eaten them before and found myself not feeling very well. The texture itself is also something I'm not fond of. Oddly enough, I had a similar (yet milder) experience when I tried the Walden farms chocolate peanut butter. Maybe my body doesn't like that calorie free stuff!

HOWEVER I am no one to bash these noodles! They seem like a great alternative. My mother loves them and she'll make them with a cup of chicken broth. She says it tastes similar to ramen (to which she is addicted! She cannot get enough ramen)