Looking for banana pancakes?

Options
hacker1234
hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
Someone posted an easy recipe with very few ingredients to make pancakes wirth bananas. Anybody have it or any other easy banana recipes. Thanks

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This usually works for me.

ihop-summer-signature-pancakes.png
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options

brilliant.GIF
  • LinteeBean
    Options
    There's a couple recipes floating around - here's one. It's basically banana and eggs.

1 medium to large sized banana

2 omega 3 free range eggs

Pinch of cinnamon

2 tsp coconut oil

1 cup mixed berries

http://foodandfitness.co.uk/banana-mixed-berry-omelette-recipe/

Or of course, there's pancake mix with banana mixed in, but I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat the banana - no dishes, no prep time, fewer calories, healthier and tastes better too.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    thugkitchen.com has a great recipe for peach pancakes I am sure you could substitute that with bananas.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Oh man, all that ihop stuff made me shake my head lol. I've been trying so badly to avoid foods like that.
    Last bad meal I had was about 6 months ago at Denny's. Pancakes.. With a lot of syrup. DO NOT WANT lol.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    The one I make is 1 banana smushed up with 1 egg and 1tbsp rolled oats with a pinch of cinnamon/cloves.
  • Waterlilyz
    Options
    This is a very simple one....

ALL NATURAL PANCAKE RECIPE... NO PROCESSED ANYTHING!!

- 1 ripe banana
    - 2 whole eggs
    That’s it. Just mix together in a bowl and make sure the banana is all mashed. Then spray your pan with some "spray & cook" or coconut oil. On a low to medium heat, scoop some of the batter into the pan & give it about 20-30 sec, flip, and done! Serve and eat!
    *Some advice would be to make them small so its easier to flip
    Under 250 calories, nearly 14g of protein! No processed anything! These pancakes are gluten free, low calorie. ~ from Easy Recipes, Your Guide to Simple Recipes
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I make banana pancakes for my husband and kids sometimes. All I do is make basic pancakes (NY Times cookbook recipe) and add smashed banana, and they are awesome. Right now I am making 4 ingredient "cookies" for my breakfasts for the coming week. 4 bananas, 1 1/3 cups oatmeal, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds and 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips. 15 minutes at 350. Can be made with just the banana and oats, or any other mix ins can be used.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    1 ripe banana (mashed)
    1 scoop (30g) protein powder
    1/4 cup SR flour
    1 egg
    milk (to get to the right consistency).

Mash the banana, mix in the wet ingredients. Then add flour and protein powder (I use unflavoured WPI or casein). Cook like normal pancakes.

For something different, why not try fried bananas?
    Slice a banana in half (lengthways), and fry on a grillpan.
    If youre feeling indulgent serve with maple syrup and icecream. If you want something more sensible serve with plain protein pancakes and sf maple syrup and/or greek yoghurt.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    2 methods--one is to mash bananas and add to the batter the other is to cook plain pancakes and just add small banana slices on top of the uncooked side as you pan fry them. Just make sure you get bubbles popping through before you flip em. Either method is quite good--for plain batter just use bisquick or follow a simple betty crocker type recipe if doing it from scratch--its really easier by scratch than one might think.-I like to put almonds or sunflower seeds in mine..--enjoy !!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Man, you one upped me before I even had a chance, I was just going to say "IHOP has them!"