Need Support

Options
I had a bad week last week and didnt lose any weight. I am working hard this week but I am afraid nothing will show on the scale. Just need motivation to work harder.

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    What usually motivates you to keep going? :)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    When I need inspiration, I watch this amazing true story:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

It also motivates me to buy jeans in a smaller size and leave them out where I can see them.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

It also motivates me to buy jeans in a smaller size and leave them out where I can see them.

Had to answer this- my surname is Hollis! How much do you have to lose? I try to find success stories with pictures of people similar to me.
  • novakac
    novakac Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale. That's the hardest freakin' thing. We're women, we live and die by the scale.

The food is important. Of course it is. We get 100% of our calories from it. So of course we track our "good" and our "bad" weeks from food.

But it's the exercise that changes our lives. Seriously. Just work out more this week. Don't obsess about net calories. If you can find a way to get hooked on the exercise (the endorphins will eventually kick in), eventually your body will change. It will ask for different things. You will crave different things. Unless you're an idiot (like me), and set some crazy goal with a deadline of THANKSGIVING (seriously, what the hell was I thinking), this is a long game.

But in a long game, we can't break the rules every freaking week. Start setting patterns that you would be proud to live with for the rest of your life. Not "I'm on a diet" patterns, but "this is whom I am and how I eat, and how I live" patterns". And then act smug. Because you're awesome. :)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

Had to answer this- my surname is Hollis! How much do you have to lose? I try to find success stories with pictures of people similar to me.

How fun! Right now I have about 8 or 9 pounds left to lose (I'll find out when I get to my goal). I've lost about 50 pounds this year, 40 since I joined MFP in April. How are you doing?
  • ldelahanty1974
    ldelahanty1974 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I began working out 4 weeks ago and saw nothing in the scale for 2 weeks. It was really depressing, but I just kept working out and then the third week I lost 7 pounds and then 6 this last week. I think sometimes we just stall, and we just have to keep at it. Also, I would look at your diet, you may not be eating enough, that is part of my problem. I struggle to get enough calories each day. I have been using the food and exercise diary every day and it helps me to know where I fall. But still have yet to meet my calorie goal. I think that is going to come back and bite me.