Iris Higgins -Jenny C Consultant Apologises bad advise

Options

Replies

• gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I liked this, because there are so many companies out there just like this.

Don't like yourself? Pay 3 instalments of $99 each (or whatever) and we give you a tailored eating plan with 1200 calories and a workout plan for 1 hour of exercise a day and in 3 months we will have reformed your life. It makes me sick whenever I see the ads.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, possibly sceptical or cynical. However, as Iris Higgins is now a gluten-free health blogger, and author of The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guides. I feel like this was more a self promoting PR stunt :huh:
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, possibly sceptical or cynical. However, as Iris Higgins is now a gluten-free health blogger, and author of The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guides. I feel like this was more a self promoting PR stunt :huh:

Noooo, say it ain't so!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Probably to the above.

But programs like this are there to make money. The individual people care about you but as a company it's about the moonlah.

I lost 40kg on JC and think its a good start for people BUT if you want to do anything different they don't want to know you. One centre the manager wouldn't allow me consultations because I couldn't afford the $140 a week. Another centre did allow it, but literally the whole consultations as the manager telling me 'I can advise you as you're not eating our food and you won't lose weight as quickly' I still buy their snacks, (there are two I love and can't find replacements for) as well as having some of the tastier lunches and dinners as standbys (nights my partner can't cook I chuck one I them on. Most of them are no better than edible cardboard though) and use their scales, but unless a friend was SERIOUSLY obese like I was, I wouldn't recommend them.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Don't like yourself? Pay 3 instalments of $99 each (or whatever) and we give you a tailored eating plan with 1200 calories and a workout plan for 1 hour of exercise a day and in 3 months we will have reformed your life. It makes me sick whenever I see the ads.

Michelle Bridges?
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

Michelle Bridges?

Sad thing is, of a choice review of online programs she was the best ones! How sad is that?
  • SmarTam
    SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Michelle Bridges?

Sad thing is, of a choice review of online programs she was the best ones! How sad is that?

I have done one round of MB this year and lost some weight quickly. Now I am struggling because I cant smash 400 calories daily on a 1200 calorie diet. And there is a super saturday where you are expected to burn 1000 calories. This is unrealistic. They discourage eating above that if you want to lose weight. Although I found her mind set lessons useful. I enroled up again but left the round mid-way because I was getting depressed on not being able to follow the strict regimn. Their diet plan is good if you have loads of money to spend on 3 different meals every day with different ingredients. I could not do that at all. But it is good if you are a first timer trying to lose weight and pick good habbits and then carry on. Short term goal can be met but it is not a life style.