Best sports bra - UK

Options
Hi all,

I'm a 36D at the moment - I have a shock absorber (maximum impact -level 4?) and also Marks and Spencer's high impact one (not extra high impact as they didn't have them in stock when I bought these). Neither have underwires, and both are the standard bra shape (not the cross over ones at the back). I also have a shock absorber crop top type high impact sports bra which has a cross over section at the back, but it doesn't seem much better.

None of these seem brilliant, and I've been measured quite recently so they should be the right size, so I was wondering if there was a better bra out there?

I'm thinking of zumba, jogging and spinning.

Thanks,

A.

Replies

• sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 34dd and have a couple of primark high impact ones which are surprisingly good considering how cheap they are. I have a racer back shock absorber one which I like. Might be worth trying a couple at sports direct. They have Nike and Adidas bit cheaper than elsewhere.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I am about the same size and have been buying Nike high impact ones and I o everything in them including running with no problems.

The high impact can be hard to track down - sometimes in Sports Direct but also f you go onto their website and find the name and then go to amazon it can be lot cheaper.
  • sunnydayonthebeach
    Options
    Thanks both, I will have a look for the Nike and primark ones :)
  • josywosy
    josywosy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was using shock absorber and am now wearing panache. Works well for me and is quite comfy. I went and showed the woman in my local lingerie shop how my old sports bras fit & she got me sorted out in no time!
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Same size; Nike & Under Armour & no problems with neither of them.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Im a 32E and im yet to find a deccent bra that keeps them firm in place. The high impact shock absorber i have is the WORST for support, waste of money!
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also find a lot of them are in small, medium, large etc rather than cup sizes like nike. Which i dont even bother to try on cus being 30inches under the bust and an E cup theres gonna be no support & more squashing..
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm not very large chested myself but I use Lonsdale sports bras and I actually find they give great support and they come in cup sizes rather than small, medium, large. I got mine in Sports Direct so they were pretty well priced too!
  • kattjohnsonmfp
    kattjohnsonmfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 34dd and have a couple of primark high impact ones which are surprisingly good considering how cheap they are. I have a racer back shock absorber one which I like. Might be worth trying a couple at sports direct. They have Nike and Adidas bit cheaper than elsewhere.

38G here, and I have remortgaged my flat to buy a couple of Shock Absorbers, but like the quoted poster, I too have a Primark high impact one (38F, but it fits well) and I'll echo the lady above, surprisingly good!

I'd probably advise anyone of the larger chested variety to avoid the Lonsdale ones,as they give barely any support (I have one I use as a "can't be arsed to get dressed today", slobbing about the house thing, but good god I would not want to jump up and down in it
  • LornaRodda
    LornaRodda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a Triumph Tri-Action Extreme, which is absolutely brilliant, I really recommend it.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have Shock Absorbers and Berlei bra too, which I have no problems with, although I need to go down a few cup sizes on the SA now.

I did read somewhere that Debenhams Gorgeous sports bras are good too, yet to try though, as their bras for larger sizes are not that great.

Good luck in finding the one for you.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    Triumph Triaction Extreme works wonders for me. I use them for training and for tris as well.
    Whichever brand-make you go for make sure you replace them with a new every 6-8months ! Once the bra material (on the side and the cups) starts to strech out it looses strength and hold compromising the whole value proposition. If you buy a new pair of runners - buy a new pair of bras as well!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    keep your normal bra on underneath till you get your new one - works wonders :)
  • JennieHB
    JennieHB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Never compromise on your sports bra!
    Marks and Spencer's range, with an under wire and the option to cross the straps. plus a little bit of padding (saves from the dreaded joggers nipple)

i am a 34D, this bra is £19.95 and it is the best one i have ever bought. and it even comes in leopard print :)
  • ilessa
    ilessa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use shock absorber, but I tend to find they measure a bit big, so usually go down a band size. (I am 38F wearing 36E)

Having said that once I'm in, I don't move. Used Triumph before but when I went up a few sizes I needed something with a bit more coverage!

My tum probably moves more when I exercise than the boobs!
  • LizHR
    LizHR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have just bought this one.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CJ3YOBW/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It certainly keeps them in - nothing moves despite some vigorous jumping up and down. Haven't worn in a workout yet -I am pondering whether to return it for a 32E . I bought 30F, my size in other Shock Absorbers but it does feel quite tight and has some unslightly back bulge.. But then my current bras are old and I've lost weight especially round my back so they are too big. So maybe it's just the comparision not the bra. PLus it has an underwire unlike the others so bound to feel a bit tighter.. I thought that might be uncomfortable in a sports bra, but I don't think it will be - wearing it round the house it feels OK and is quite flexible. Whatever size I think it's going to be good bra and I do like it.

Otherwise I like my PureLime Compression one - very high coverage - and the standard Shock Absorder D+ range.