depo provera hindering all efforts?

Options
Hello all!

Ive become discouraged and have been slacking off on my consistent calorie logging.

After almost three months of daily diligence with calories and exercise, I had lost a grand total of 3 lbs.

I went off Depo Provera 6 months ago at the advice of my doctor who suggested that it was certainly the cause of my gradual weight gain / inability to lose weight. I was on it for a long time

Has anybody had a similar situation? How did you lose weight after Depo?

Replies

• luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Taking this garbage is one of the biggest regrets of my life!!!!!!!! Read some askapatient comments here...

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=12541&name=DEPO-PROVERA
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    I used it many moons ago...I also became very heavy but I had no clue how my body worked. It stays in your system for a long time. Hopefully, it's been long enough now for you and you'll start seeing results.
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh do I feel your pain!!!!

My last shot was in March & I still have not lost the weight. Its sooo hard! I was told that after your last "expiration date" it can stay in your system for a year after! I've done tons of web research on the topic & you are not alone.

Also...they say that if you really limit your carbs...it helps to lose the Depo weight.

Another thought.... maybe your looking at your efforts the wrong way. You said you have only lost 3lbs in the last three months. Well....maybe in addition to that your also fighting extra weight you would of put on if you wern't dieting!?
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I took this horrible drug years ago and all it did was make me sick, gain weight and force me to have a hysterectomy at 32 years old! I hope no one else has gone through that part.
    I only got the shot once but it shook up my body so badly and I was a mess. It took about a year from the time of the first shot for me to see the side effects (sluggish, sick/tired, moody) to actually get some energy to do something.