Looking for help and support

Options
Hi there, I have been on this site several times before but have only ever been half hearted in my weight loss attempts. I had a heart attack and two stents fitted early this year and am only 46! You'd think that that would have been enough to get me motivated but got such a shock went into a complete slump.

Am now ready to start tackling this head on and would really appreciate support from like minded people. I currently weigh 235lbs and should be around 140bs so have a long way to go.

Thanks

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome back :)
    Glad to have you about, can't wait to see you around :)
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im only new here, but I believe I really want to reach my goal & I will get there 'eventually' and I'm sure you will too! :flowerforyou:
  • scurley7
    scurley7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support. Looking forward to the journey ahead.

Anyone who wants to be friends let me know
  • bonnie_bear
    Options
    Hi! I can't say I have ever suffered anything so drastic physically, but I've been through some big lifestyle changes so I've definitely had some emotional problems. I often lack motivation - like right now. So I kinda know how you're feeling. Good luck with the challenges ahead - they'll be tough but they'll be TOTALLY worth it!
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be your friend you can add me if u like:smile:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Remember that motivation is fleeting. Habits stick. Start today making better health habits & start small if you have to. Then build on those until you are at your goal.

When you are ready - you will lose the weight.
  • jrsfaith
    jrsfaith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to fitness pal, welcome back!! You can do it!
  • scurley7
    scurley7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words. Feeling fired up booking holiday to South Africa at the end of March and determined to look and feel better than I do now! x
  • bhattarai_mahesh
    bhattarai_mahesh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is Mahesh. I am very upset with my weight. I have about 150 lbs to lose. Being alone in any
    Program is Very very frustrating. Can you help me achieve my goals by motivating me. I heard friends are great support
    In weight loss.