Kacy's Story

Options
Back in March I stepped on a scale and weighed 199 lbs. I realized how horrible that sounded, especially for someone who used to be very fit pre children. I have 3 children and gained most of my weight from my pregnancies, not to loose much of it. So I got it in my head I was going to do better. I started walking a lot and that helped me loose a few lbs. and I also stopped drinking sodas, which was probably the hardest thing I have ever done!!!! Right now I am about 186. (I go between 184-189 a lot) I am still walking at least 3 times a week, 1-3 miles each time. I am still not drinking sodas. I also do some light weights on my lunch break for about 15 minutes Mon-Friday. I am stuck! I know I need to do more with my diet, that is why I am back here. I have a horrible sweet tooth! I need motivation! Especially today... I am at work and have already had two people ask me when am I due? I tell them Im not pregnant and want to go to the bathroom and cry! I hope you guys can lift me up and hopefully I can do the same for you all! My goal today is to stay in the 1850 calories suggested to me.

PS I am a nursing mother so I can't cut my calorie intake much lower than 1850 right now.

Replies

• snowglassapples
    snowglassapples Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hi, im a nursing mama too so i thought id just send a reply for support :) my weight shot up after i had my daughter mainly from the hunger from breastfeeding, im sticking to the allowed calories now and have been losing 1lb a week, ive also bought a mei tai and am hoping lugging around my beautiful 20lb baby will do some good :)

good luck! do you have a sling or mei tai?
  • mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    I've been back and forth, too...Fit before babies, and now wanting, NEEDING to make a change. My cure for sweets is Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt. The vanilla tastes to me like white cake. Its fat free and 80 calories. And they have lots of other flavors, too!! I also eat Fiber One Chocolate & Oat bars for my chocolate fix...Low in cal, 4 grams of fat, high in fiber (not sure if that will affect the nursing, may need to look into that) Stick to it, hang in there...Every little bit helps (eating better choices, less of the not-so-good choices, moving more) Turn on some music and dance with your babies...My kids love that and the laughter from all of us lifts my spirits :-)
  • wife2mikejh
    Options
    I am a baby wearing mama! I have an assortment of different wraps and slings, but my baby is 18 months old now and getting to wear she doesn't want to be worn as much. I also work 40 hours a week with a 35 min. commute each way so I don't get to wear her as much as I'd like. I am glad to have some nursing mom support though! My husband doesn't believe me when I tell him how starving I am in the mornings. My LO likes to nurse ALL NIGHT since I am away from her during the day, and I wake up so incredibly hungry. My biggest weakness is a Mcdonalds chicken biscuit with cheese....
  • wife2mikejh
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on that yogurt! I will have to check it out.
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try getting your calories more from Protein. Its suppose to make you feel fuller longer. They say the more you eat sweets....the more you crave sweets.

I also have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth. What I've been doing is pre-planning my meals for the next day. The only time I allow myself sweets is at the end of the day....ONLY if I have enough calories for it. It might now be the greatest way..but it's been working for me.

Also - a friend of mine recent intoduced me to something really good. Lit N Fit Yogurt - mix in a little fruit and a little granola. Really yummy, you get some calcium from it and it satisfies my sweet tooth. Good luck to you!!!
  • snowglassapples
    Options
    i was a nightmare for chocolate hobnobs but now im biscuit free lol!!
    my weakness is kfc (i was anti kfc pre baby but craved it in pregnancy and still have a weakness for it) and chinese!
    i also find yoghurts helpful for a sweet fix, i allow myself one treat day a week too as i go crazy otherwise!
  • snowglassapples
    Options
    oh and yey for being a babywearing bf'ing mama!!!