Again..

Options
This cycle sucks. I have started and stopped weight loss journeys pretty consistently through my life. I've started and restarted and restarted and restarted myftnesspal at least 5 times if not more. I've lost 5 then gained it back. I'm not healthy.... and I want to be. So here I am again....however....this time feels different for various reasons.

1. I haven't set any ridiculous/mind numbing/wtf goals that I will certainly fail.... I've actually set only 2 goals
a. eat better (not raw, not gluten free, not sugar free, not fat free, not pure, not organic, not high this that or the other) just better
b. move more (not run 5 miles, not insanity, not 30 day shred, not zumba) just move more...

I want to treat myself better. I want to feel good about myself. See I used to feel like crap about myself on the inside...so I didn't really care what I looked like on the outside. My outside reflected my heart. Now, I've taken control of who I am and I enjoy the person I am on the inside and I look in the mirror and think....wow...how sad, that how I look is a clear memory of how I felt. But I deserve to have a reflection of how great I feel inside. And that is what I am working on. Now it took 20+ years for me to become happy with my identity...so I don't expect nor will I set a "time limit" on reaching my "healthy" weight. I don't really even have a goal weight. When I feel good and my body feels good and I'm happy with the reflection in the mirror.. I will know I've reached it.

Cheers to us all!

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are at a great place. We all must reach a spot to be truly ready. Feel free to friend me if you'd like some support.
    Kimmie
  • Mexs
    Mexs Posts: 5
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. Good luck to you. x
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I Love your post. Sounds like you are in the perfect place to make permanent changes now! Add me, I'd love to be a friend and watch you transform on this journey!
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude!! I'm here for you and I know I need support too! Add me if you'd like.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I think your 2 goals are perfect for you. Baby steps, just think baby steps and you will get there.
  • tobybears54
    Options
    I know the feeling Stephany, I am in the same boot except I will be 60 years old in April and am running out of time. I really got to get my but in gear. It's sad because I know how much better I feel after exercising but it doesn't help. I am not a healthy eater either, me and fruits and veggies just don't get along too well. Good goals. I have some Leslie Sansone videos and a gazelle and those are the two things I am going to be doing. Good Luck.
  • hpaige28
    hpaige28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Right there with you.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    What a perfect midset you have! You so got this!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Quit being a quitter
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! no doubts. Right choices lead to the wanted results. you are responsible. Choose right!
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    good on you for setting realistic goals.....you will succeed!!!!.....feel free to add me.....i'm 43 and i'm on here every single day without fail.....:)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    like your style! I got to goal then messed up and a month ago started over. This time I am going to get to a realistic goal and stay there, if you want to come along for the ride add me! but I curse and have a weird sense of humour that some might find offensive, good luck to you either way!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said. Best of luck to you.
  • munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love the attitude! You CAN do this! If you need help and support, connect with me.
  • YummymummyGina
    YummymummyGina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    GREAT attitude good luck in your journey to become a heathier fitter you:)

I joined fitness pal a few years ago but had silly goals in mind.........which I could never have stuck to.

I've just re-joined after giving birth to a beautiful little girl :) with more realistic goals. I have joined herbalife which has helped me lose 24lbs since having my daughter but my aims are the same as you move more even if its just a 15min walk with the baby or 10 ins on my stepper whilst she is asleep. Before I wanted to go to the gym 5 nights a week and work out at home ect.....unrealistic with 3 girls all under 7 :/

This time im hoping I can stick to my goals and get back in m skinny jeans :)

Anyway wishing everyone all the best GIna xx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I think you have an excellent plan. I've lost a lot of weight doing exactly what you have in mind, but it has taken a little over year to reach my goal. I've lost weight before and regained it when I went back to my old pattern. I expect to continue to log forever so I won't go back to my old pattern, and will be here cheering others on. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • SilentMelody
    SilentMelody Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea! I am pro when it comes to falling off the wagon then scrambling back up again. You have it right though, start small, stick with goals that are able to be accomplished and if you do start to slide a bit, figure out why and how you can change it. :happy: I'll be sure to add you if you need a positive kick every once in a while (and anyone else that wants to can add me as well, I'm always happy to have new friends) I may not log my food all the time.. or ever really but I am working on it. baby steps :glasses:
  • sherrybeachum
    sherrybeachum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate - Your post describes me perfectly! When I made the choice yesterday that it was PAST time to stand up and take responsibility for who I am and what I am going to be, well, it "feels' different this time. Good Luck to you (and everyone!) I have 82 pounds to lose and I am going to :) That's all there is to it. :)