Just started and already off track!

Options
Hi! I started last Monday and went out of town and had a fun weekend where I did not keep track of anything! I am back to it today and would like some encouragement and friends for accountability. Thanks!

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Well, you're already back on track and you know why you got off track, so that's great. Good luck. And, get used to going off track. No one stays on their 'diet' the entire time. What matters is that you get focused again and don't give up. :smile:
  • Ashleyambermfp
    Ashleyambermfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. It takes a lot of time to be on track. I am at around day 55 and still have issues with keeping on track and remembering to track.
    I think "they say" that it takes 21 days to break or make a habit. Keep going. Don't give up
  • UCME77
    UCME77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. Just start again, you will be fine. When you go out of town, try to take some work out equipment with you that you can pack in a suitcase, 5 lb weights, jump rope, etc, and try to burn calories at least even if you do not track the foods. :)

Good Luck !

Add me :)
  • saramichelle723
    saramichelle723 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to do the exact same thing-track faithfully during the week, and then over the weekend just do whatever. I finally (this weekend) got tired of losing the same 1-2 lbs each week, and decided I would track over the weekend as well. Low and behold I lost 1/2 a pound over the weekend. Now I know that's not a lot, but it's something. Even on a fun weekend you can be mindful of what you're eating as well as what exercise you're getting. You can indulge once in a while, but not every day or even every weekend. You can get back on the wagon and start fresh today! You can do this!!! :happy:
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just start logging today. One of the biggest mistakes I've made in the past is to get an all or nothing mindset.

"I forgot to log for two days, so I might as wait until next week now."

"I missed two workouts this week, so I might as well just give it up for the week and start again on Monday."

"I just don't have the energy for P90x today... so I won't workout."

"Well, I know that if I log that pizza I'll be over for the day anyway, so I won't log."

Now I try to keep the mindset that "something always trumps nothing."

Now, I sound more like this:

"I forgot to log yesterday, but I can go back on the log and do my best to estimate so that I'll have idea where I stand. And I can make sure I log today."

"I missed two workouts because I was sick this week. Maybe I can't follow my regular training schedule, but I can walk and do a little gentle strength training the rest of the week, and get back on schedule next week."

"I don't have energy for P90x today, but am sure I can manage to take the dog for a walk, or do free step on the Wii."

"Well, I know that Pizza will put me over, but at least if I log I won't feel free to eat whatever I want for the rest of the day, and I'll know how much I went over by, so maybe I can kind of make up for it on another day."

Note: If you have a smart phone, it should be easy to log while away too.
  • smithbeck2
    smithbeck2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I have struggled most of my adult life with being overweight. I do well for a while (even years) then I gain it back. I had my son 8 months ago and have lost all the baby weight but now have to lose all the extra weight. I have been doing pretty well by myself but know I will do much better with a community doing the same as me.

Thanks and feel free to add me!
  • Laurarose1971
    Laurarose1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi totally identify with having a list oh well, might as well. .eat the whole cake/start tomorrow etc. ..! Im just trying to get into a good mindset, even with setbacks... Iets not be defeated by food. First time I've used forum, very motivational!

Lets just get back on & get going!