Anyone have any low fat pizza recipes?

Options
I have an idea of what to use... My husband and I like pepperoni and green pepper pizzas. So I was thinking of using turkey pepperoni instead, a wheat based crust (any suggestions on what kind?) and low fat mozzarella cheese. Let me know if you guys have any good recipes!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Joeysgirl
    Options
    I love love love pizza....... And I found some whole wheat crusts at Walmart.. I can't remember the brand name. But they were fairly thin and tasted great. Turkey pepporoni should help cut some fat down.. put just a little cheese on it.

We love chicken bbq pizza.. so we just use plain grilled chicken, chopped red onion, some chopped celery and a tiny bit of cheese and bbq sauce. Pretty healthy as far as a pizza goes. Load it with veggies and lean protein and garnish with any sauce other than tomato (if using tomato sauce, go for it!) and low fat cheese.

You can also make small individual pizzas using the Flat Outs flatbread in different flavors (also at walmart).
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A really great idea for a crust is to use a whole wheat wrap and make it on that and bake it in the oven until all the 2% cheese is melted.
  • marmite230
    Options
    How about just eat normal pizza but less of it? on a cheat meal/day?
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    We use "AMY'S Pizza" buy it in freezer aisle.....we put our own veggies and turkey sausage on. One pizza[cheese] 870 cals or 1/3 only 290cals. Organic and taste great!!:wink:
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Because of the size, I suggest making individual pizzas to avoid overeating. I like making them on low carb flax pitas. I don't like low fat mozz so I use goat cheese, but that is just me. Eat it with a nice salad.
  • OceanBlue80
    Options
    A lot of times I make individual pizzas using whole wheat pitas, that way I also won't overeat if there are extra slices left over from a whole pizza. I usually use the Kraft 2% mozzarella cheese. As far as toppings go, I usually try to put a lot of veggies on it, and I also use the turkey pepperoni which is pretty good.

http://www.sparkrecipes.com/ is a great website with a lot of healthy recipes. They do have several different pizza recipes listed too.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Turkey pepperoni is a great choice, I prefer it to regular.

If you have a favorite whole wheat bread recipe you can use that as the pizza crust, just keep it thin. The crust is the hardest place for me to cut calories.

When I'm in the mood for pizza I have California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken. 1/3 of a pizza = 320 calories
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    I make the BEST PIZZAS, and have lost nearly 60 lbs eating them. I stole this recpe from www.dietfreelife.com, you can change it up a variety of ways with turkey pepperoni ect. This is how I make it and everyone who eats it can't believe how tasty it is! 1 serving size is 1 whole pita!

1 Whole Wheat Pita (I use Toufayan), 3 -4 Tablespoons of fave pasta sauce( I use Full circle organic ), 1 ounce of reduced fat, or skim Mozzarella cheese, saute veggies with garlic 1 minute( this always changes, but I like mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach(chopped fine), onions), and 2 ounces of cooked chicken, ( I dice it up and throw it in with the veggies at the last minute) and then throw it on the Pita in the order above. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes and Whalah you have a delicious dinner for 1, or you can make as many pitas as you like , no worries about portion control, it's portioned for you :) I hope you enjoy

Items in this meal Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sodium
    Toufayan - Pita Bread - Whole Wheat, 1 Loaf 150 30 1 6 3 225
    Generic - Zucchini Sauteed In Olive Oil, 0.3 cup 19 2 1 1 1 1
    Generic - Sauteed Mushrooms, 2 Medium Mushrooms 8 1 0 1 0 6
    Precious Mozzarella - Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese (New), 1 ounce 80 1 4 9 0 190
    Full Circle Organic - Pasta Sauce - Roasted Garlic, 0.2 cup 20 4 0 1 1 132
    Eating Right - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 2 oz 65 0 2 13 0 38
    Generic - Garlic Raw Clove, 1 raw clove (3g) 4 1 0 0 0 1
    Tropical Traditions - Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, 0.5 tbsp 59 0 7 0 0 0
    Total: 405 39 15 31 5 593
  • laugustine
    Options
    Thanks guys these are great ideas! I think I will do the personal pizzas with wheat pitas. Sounds good!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i eat pizza weekly! i altered it to work for me and it apparently works.

i take 3 corn tortilla and place them on my Pampered Chef stone. lightly crisp one side, and flip. crisp a bit more.
    my topping vary according to what i have in the fridge:
    frozen spinich
    salsa
    leftover baked chicken breast
    raw red peper
    leftover chicken sausage
    fresh pineapple
    and i typically use 1/4 cup of Mexican blend cheese. limit your cheese...that is were the fat comes into play.

enjoy!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I use whole wheat english muffins to make pizza on.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My favorite, and very quick and easy pizza recipe is to take a whole wheat pita, spread pizza sauce (you can find it in the spaghetti sauce isle in a can) on top, a little low-fat mozarella cheese, and nuke it for one minute 30 seconds. Afterwards, I sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red peppers generously and enjoy. It's tasty, fast, and easy, plus it's low calorie!

Shannon
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • kayjay7171
    kayjay7171 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you like thin crust pizza, I've found using a flour tortilla works great! I use low fat cheese, saute mushrooms and onions and use turkey pepporoni....it's delicious and we have it once a week!
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I JUST SPRAY PAM ON A SKILLET, PUT A WHOLE WHEAT WRAP ON IT, LOAD IT UP WITH SAUCE, 2% CHEESE & VEGGIES THEN COVER IT UP WITH THE LID SO THE CHEESE MELTS. IT'S SUPER FAST, AND IT MAKES A PERFECTLY CRISP THIN CRUST. HOPE THIS HELPS!
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try flat-outs for the crust. Very good and very filling
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try flat-outs for the crust. Very good and very filling.
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A really great idea for a crust is to use a whole wheat wrap and make it on that and bake it in the oven until all the 2% cheese is melted.
    Those are awesome - I add stir fried veggies under the cheese. (Stir fry the veggies in a little Pam or olive oil first, so they don't make the tortilla soggy - found that one out the hard way).
    It turns into a mess, but it's full of vitamins and fiber, and it's really filling that way. Use lots of garlic, sprinkle oregano on top, and extra tomatoe sauce for dipping, and it gets really messy, but really good. It has that "comfort food" feel, without all the fat and carbs.
    Costco has some wraps that are high fiber, low carb, and they have 12g of protein. They are soft too - not like the tough whole wheat ones. Good stuff!
  • akwagner35
    Options
    We use whole wheat pita pbread as the crust, lshredded ight string cheese, marinara sauce and turkey pepperoni. It's the perfect serving size!
  • carlyrenee1
    Options
    Now I'm super hungry after reading all these posts! Have you tried the Papa Murphy's Delight pizza? Its a thin crust pizza that is less calories then their regular. I hope you have Papa Murphy's in your area!