UK Slimmers With over 100lbs to loose

Options
Are there any of you out there just starting your journey with over 100lbs to loose.
I am starting over yet again and really need to do this and keep it off
My joints hurt and I need too loose the weight to feel better and look better
I know i can do it just need some support

Thanks

Nic
:-)

Replies

• RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi Nic,

I'm looking to loose some where between 50 and 70kgs (between 110 and 155lbs), so far so good, but for the last 6 weeks I've been on a 1lb yoyo.

Feel free to send a friends request, I wish you every success in your efforts.
  • nicnack31
    nicnack31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    20KGS is a great loss
    How are you doing it ?

Nic
  • nicnack31
    Options
    THough that this may have been a more popular topic
    :-(
  • terriann894
    terriann894 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Nic! yes, I am currently sitting at 19.5 stone :( Ideally I'd like to get about 12.5. So 7 stone! (98 lbs)

I hope you find the motivation to lose what you need, my joints are hurting too. I've always had bad knees, and the extra weight is not helping! xx
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I still have around 70 pounds to go. I started with just getting control of my calories and walking for the first few months. The key for me was to have a reasonable calorie allowance and just adjust my diet accordingly. I'm a believer in not drastically changing your diet from the get go as eliminating foods you love just makes you want them more. Everything in moderation. Start by just counting your calories and see where the calories are. You can then adjust your diet to reduce portion sizes and replace things with whole foods or lower calorie options. Feel free to add me if you wish
  • nicnack31
    Options
    Glad there are a few more people in the same boat
    It so bliking hard to loose it :-)
  • m1kfb86
    m1kfb86 Posts: 19
    Options
    122 to go, MFP is a great help but just wish they sold Motivation by the bucket :D
  • M0TZO
    M0TZO Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You'll get there if you stick with it. I've lost best part of 100lbs (7 stone) already and still got 85lbs (6 stone) to go.

A year and half ago I wouldn't have believed I could do it.

I do over 10,000 steps a day and calorie count everything (although I occasionally have what I call off days where I go over, but still count the foods). Also just got an exercise bike so that should help me as well now.

Happy to have more friends on here so add me if you wish.
  • nicnack31
    Options
    Motivation Me to that would be the one thing i bought :-)
  • nicnack31
    Options
    You'll get there if you stick with it. I've lost best part of 100lbs (7 stone) already and still got 85lbs (6 stone) to go.

A year and half ago I wouldn't have believed I could do it.

I do over 10,000 steps a day and calorie count everything (although I occasionally have what I call off days where I go over, but still count the foods). Also just got an exercise bike so that should help me as well now.

Happy to have more friends on here so add me if you wish.

SOunds like a sensible plan and its working :-)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi Nic

I''ve been on here for over 18 months and 61lb down and another 40 to go.

I know you are looking for people who are just starting but you if you like to add me please do.

Good luck
  • nicnack31
    Options
    Hi Nic

I''ve been on here for over 18 months and 61lb down and another 40 to go.

I know you are looking for people who are just starting but you if you like to add me please do.

Good luck

Course I will I need all the help i can get x
  • hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hello,

i have been here just over a year, and i have lost over 100bs, i followed calories given to me by mfp and started to exercise everyday. i still have some weight left to lose, but everyone can feel free to add me as a friend.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm 50lbs down with about 100 or so to go!

There are some real inspirational stories out there for when you're motivation is down :)
  • nicnack31
    Options
    hello,

i have been here just over a year, and i have lost over 100bs, i followed calories given to me by mfp and started to exercise everyday. i still have some weight left to lose, but everyone can feel free to add me as a friend.

Well done
    Amazing loss
    You are an inspiration
  • nicnack31
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm 50lbs down with about 100 or so to go!

There are some real inspirational stories out there for when you're motivation is down :)

Excellent
    Like me in it for the long haul :-)
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hey hope you don't mind me joining over the last year and 3/4 I have losted near 6st and looking to lose another 2st but keep stuggling with motivation
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, I've already lost around 95lbs, got the same to still lose over again! Feel free to add me for support.
  • nicnack31
    Options
    hey hope you don't mind me joining over the last year and 3/4 I have losted near 6st and looking to lose another 2st but keep stuggling with motivation

No problem
    Welcome aboard
  • nicnack31
    Options
    Well, I've already lost around 95lbs, got the same to still lose over again! Feel free to add me for support.

Wow that's a great loss
    Well done and welcome