Just stopping by to introduce myself

Options
Hi All,
8 or so years ago I lost 60+ pounds and managed to keep it off for 6 years and through one pregnancy. Then, I had a second pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage and a third pregnancy that ended with beautiful and loving baby boy. My son was born with a birth defect and has been through multiple surgeries in his first year to address it. Through all of this, I have found that I am a stress eater!!! In the last 2 years, I have gained back almost all of the 60 pounds that I had orignially lost. I am sick about this. But, I am trying to move past the guilt and not beat myself up. I've decided (multiple times over the past 6 months) it is time to get my weight off again, but I keep falling back into my old, comfortable, stress eating ways. So, I might need a little encouragement to hold myself accountable!!! Losing the weight was hard the first time. I am finding it is even harder now that I have a husband, two kids, and a full-time job.
Anyway, thanks for listening!

Replies

• liezele0323
    liezele0323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You made the first step! So you will succeed and it will be a tough journey but we are all here to encourage you! We're all guilty of beating ourselves up but all we can do is pick up and go! Even if you fall again, just rise up and keep going!
    All you can do now is take baby steps (along with your new baby) :smile:
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this awesome site, where you will meet fantastic people that will help you keeping motivated. So sorry to hear about your son. How is he doing now?

I know it is tough having a new baby, husband and working full time. But, you know what? You can do this. I truly believe in you. We are all here to help to motivate each other.

Feel Free to add me if you like.
  • Jaimie6171
    Jaimie6171 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It isn't an easy journey that is for sure! Keep your head up and remember that you can accomplish this goal!! Supportive friends are the most important and helpful thing while on the journey! Good luck!!
  • Brewster_P
    Options
    Thanks all! :) Little man is happy and FULL of energy! Surgeries are over for a couple of years, but he will need more throughout his childhood. Right now, he & his sister keep me busy busy busy.