Where my fat guys at...

Options
I'm 36. 240. DESPERATELY needing some motivation... Looking for similarly aged males with a similar physique and goals... Where my fat guys at?! I need all the help I can get.

Replies

• kmills110
    Options
    What is your goal weight? How is your diet? Controlling your diet is the easiest way to lose weight. I recommend cutting out soda, processed foods (chips, crackers), cut out dairy, and cut out alcohol. All of these things lead to cravings and will derail your hard work.

Have you researched Intermittent Fasting (IF)?

43446610.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    What is your goal weight? How is your diet? Controlling your diet is the easiest way to lose weight. I recommend cutting out soda, processed foods (chips, crackers), cut out dairy, and cut out alcohol. All of these things lead to cravings and will derail your hard work.

Really? I drink, and eat a ton of dairy, but managed to lose 50+ pounds.

OP just eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. If you exercise in the mix great, if you're just in it for weight loss, log your intake and watch your cals.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

Really? I drink, and eat a ton of dairy, but managed to lose 50+ pounds.

OP just eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. If you exercise in the mix great, if you're just in it for weight loss, log your intake and watch your cals.
    This. I lost 90 lbs while still drinking and enjoying dairy and plenty of processed foods. The trick is portion control. Eat what you want, just eat less of it. Hit your calorie goal and hit your macros, and you'll be fine.
  • pixelheap
    Options
    I want to get to 180. I have weighed less and it's just not feasible or realistic. :)
  • kmills110
    Options
    Yes, I have added dairy back in to my diet slowly but I found that cutting out these for 30 days sped up my weight loss and helped me through plateus. I think the main thing to control is portions so as long as you hit your macros and count what you eat...you should see the weight come off.

P.S. I lost my weight by walking and stationary biking and never stepped foot in a gym.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Not sure if my DH will mind if I post this, but I'm going to because I'm so proud :)

312uzyr.jpg

He turns 38 in 2 weeks. Started @ 260+ (he's 5'11"). He never gave up any foods, just counted calories, took up running and now is addicted to crossfit. It can be done, he is proof :)

Good luck!
    Teresa
  • pixelheap
    Options
    Thanks guys. Wow TMT, your husband looks awesome.