HELP!!

Options
K, few more days then I give up. Haven’t lost a pound since start. It is that time of the month, so waiting till the end of month to weigh again. I guess when you have been on a low carb diet for soo long, you are in prison. Everyone here does so well. Wish I could have been one of them... :(
I know this site strongly advises not to be less than 1200 calories, but with a sprained toe and thumb, I am not exercising at all. I am feeling quite full with what I am doing now...should I be cutting the calories a bit? Please advice.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If you want some good advice, I would recommend a couple of things:

1. Open your diary so people can see what you are eating and logging
    2. Give us your stats. Generalities won't help. Facts will. What is your BMR? What is your calorie goal? Height? Age? Current weight? Goal weight?
    3. Please expand on the "low carb prison"
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    K, few more days then I give up. Haven’t lost a pound since start. It is that time of the month, so waiting till the end of month to weigh again. I guess when you have been on a low carb diet for soo long, you are in prison. Everyone here does so well. Wish I could have been one of them... :(
    I know this site strongly advises not to be less than 1200 calories, but with a sprained toe and thumb, I am not exercising at all. I am feeling quite full with what I am doing now...should I be cutting the calories a bit? Please advice.
    "Joined OCT 2013"

How many days have you been at this?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You might be taking on more calories than you think - if you were on anything around 1200 a day you would have definitely lost weight by now. It's probably a logging issue - do you weigh your food on a food scale?

Don't give up - come on! Something just needs tweaking, that's all. :smile:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Seriously, give it time. This is not a diet. It's a lifestyle change forever for a healthier you. Thinner is just the icing on the cake. The biggest losers on this site didn't do it in days. They did it in years.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    So, you've given this less than a month and are going to give up? Do not eat less, if you're being honest and logging everything 1200 is the bare minimum (I would suggest calculating your TDEE as your BMR is probably more than 1200. And seriously a jammed toe and thumb bars you from any movement? Go on..
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought my diary was open. Please help with this...I am 5 ft tall, 160 lbs...bmr..Dont remember but doc says I am obese!! I am 45 years old, my goal weight is 120lbs, and doc says it should be at 110lbs. I started the low carb diet about 8 years ago and lost allot of weight. The weight is coming back on now. I think because the diet I was on slowed my metabolism, and had no portion control. I really wanted to eat normal again but at the same time lose weight. Seeing the great success on this site gave me so much inspiration. I actually did lose 3lbs in the first week, and that came back! So I am sitting at 0 weight loss.
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, you can do this! You are probally eating more calories than you think you are doing
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You joined this month. What date, exactly?
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    At your age, weight and height I'd say 1200 is a good number and give it atleast 2 more weeks before lowering any but at 5' tall you are small so can get by on the 1200 or slightly under range. Set your loss for 1lb a week and see what mfp says at sedentary.
    Don't give up.
    Kimmie
  • minky_r
    Options
    2 weeks...yes i know not long...im not expecting to lose huge amounts right away..a pound or two would be great. If this takes time..i have it..but i see that i am the only one with no loss at all.
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    You have done great from where you started. It's only twenty pounds you can do this!

Your diary's still closed - have another try at opening it and people can make a start helping. x
  • rml_16
    Options
    2 weeks...yes i know not long...im not expecting to lose huge amounts right away..a pound or two would be great. If this takes time..i have it..but i see that i am the only one with no loss at all.
    Well, no, you're not.

But it's tough to help you if we can't see your food diary. And being that you're having your period, you may have lost weight but are retaining water. Since you started your period so soon after starting the diet, it's tough to say which it is at this point.
  • minky_r
    Options
    im not giving up...just really fed up. thank you all for you help.
  • minky_r
    Options
    k diary open :)
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    Your diary is really thorough and well-filled out. You're obviously only a couple of hundred calories out because you are maintaining the same weight - which is no bad thing, btw.

It perhaps might be down to the measuring method - cups aren't quite as accurate as weighing. If you get a little food scale and weigh every last little thing - that will nail this sucker down! :wink:
  • rml_16
    Options
    Honestly, I say keep doing what you're doing and see what happens in the next two weeks once the water weight evens out. If you still aren't losing, reevaluate.
  • minky_r
    Options
    You may be right...mind you I get to eat what my heart desires, feeling satisfied and not gaining weight!! That’s definitely a great thing. I am measuring but not weighing...will get one a sap.
    Thank you all for time and encouragement
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    You may be right...mind you I get to eat what my heart desires, feeling satisfied and not gaining weight!!

I can't WAIT to get to maintenance. Had enough now...
  • alittleteapot
    alittleteapot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up yet. In those two weeks you lost 3lbs. Granted, you gained them back, but that might just be because it is that time of the month. I personally start retaining water a week before it even begins, so I know to stay away from the scale around that time because I also end up upset. Keep going, open up your diary, and let us help you. I have lost 33lbs since beginning here, and I have never been as happy with a calorie/exercise app as I am with this one. It really does work, just give it sufficient time.

I am at 163 and 5'2", ....using the 1200 cal limit is working for me. It can work for you too. Just stick it out.