GOOD BELLY PROBIOTICS

Options
Hey everyone,

I've heard good things about GoodBelly Probiotic Juice. I know fruit juice is not always the best option, but I figured to regulate my digestion it may help. I'm a little concerned, it has 25 grams of sugar per serving. This seems like a lot!

Is anyone familiar with this product?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Scam. Anything that starts off with "good belly" is another product scamming sales pitch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    What kind of digestion issues are you having? The range for 'normal' is very large.
  • ubaware2
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this product, but that does sound like a lot of sugar. Have you compared it to many other products? vitacost.com usually has a really big selection of health products at a decent price. I'm sure you could find a lot of probiotics to compare it to there. I personally use a probiotic and enzyme mix to help with my digestion and I'm pretty happy with it. It's called synergy defense and I order it from 2day.awarenesslife.com, but you could probably find it other places too. I'd say the most important thing to do before buying any product though is to do a lot of comparing. Anyone can say a product is great, but it's the contents of that product that really make it great or not. Best of luck in your search for a good probiotic! :)
  • lisabartasius
    Options
    yeah, i mean its a lot of sugar but i think its made a difference. im usually kind of bloated after i eat anything. (my usual breakfast is wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana with black coffee, and im usally pretty bloated) and after day two im not bloated at all. I don't know if its happenstance or the probiotics, they say give it a 12 day trial, so i'm going to finish the 12 days. If im not satisfied i can get my money back.
  • ArielScott
    Options
    This is Ariel from GoodBelly – I came across your question and wanted to offer some information about our probiotic beverages. We do have juice-based probiotic drinks, but for those who are looking for very low-sugar options we also offer GoodBelly StraightShot. StraightShot is actually a dairy-free oat milk (tasting similar to rice milk) that has 20 billion live and active probiotic cultures per serving, but with no added sugar (only 3 grams per serving).

You should be able to find StraightShot at any Whole Foods store near you, but please let us know if you can’t find it for any reason. I’m also so happy you’ve decided to take the 12 Day Challenge and would welcome any other questions you have about our products or your experiences with the challenge. Thank you, and best of luck on your path to digestive wellness!

Ariel

*Some studies suggest GoodBelly’s probiotic, Lactobacillus plantarum299v (Lp299v for short), may help balance the bacteria in your gut when consumed daily as part of a nutritious diet and healthy lifestyle. GoodBelly is a food product and not a treatment or cure for any medical disorder or disease. If you have any concerns about your digestive system, you should consult your health care professional.
  • lisabartasius
    Options
    Ariel! I don't have a whole foods nearby. what's a girl to do?
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love the mango one! But I cut it out due to the extra calories and sugar I don't need at this point. However if I get sick and am put on an antibiotic I make an exception!
  • ArielScott
    Options
    Hi Lisa! Where are you located? Can you please shoot us an email at info@goodbelly.com? We'll do our best to find the best solution for you!
  • peebee9480
    Options
    it's only a lot of sugar if you already consume a lot of sugar. drinking goodbelly is better than eating a candy bar or drinking a soda, etc.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I take probiotic capsules. i get them from my pharmacy, you have to ask for the ones in the fridge and keep them refrigerated.
    No calories (or a least very few) that way.
  • daisyf123
    daisyf123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have Irritable Bowel syndrome (IBS). I take Acidophilus capsules it works great for me. For bloating, I drink Fennel tea; I also drink three glasses of Acacia tummy fiber per day minus the fiber that is in my food.