sushi lunch today!! whoo!!

Options
Any suggestions for rolls? I generally tend to get some tempura shrimp thing with cream cheese but no more of that for me :).

Replies

• dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
  • thrasherette
    Options
    Rainbow Rolls aren't too bad calorie-wise. The tempura rolls are so yummy, but a definite no-no :(
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    My faves are:

salmon rolls (not spicy salmon because those have crunchies in them)
    tuna rolls
    veggie rolls
    yellow tail sushi pieces
    chef's choice sashimi
    miso soup

ENJOY!

Charmagne
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Obviously the above are not all intended to be consumed in the same meal. Apologies if I was unclear :)

Charmagne
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Have Sashmi the rolls calories add up way to fast..
  • cmsdives
    Options
    Any suggestions for rolls? I generally tend to get some tempura shrimp thing with cream cheese but no more of that for me :).

Are you going to a resturant or getting pre-made at like Whole Foods? If you are going to pre-made route, most places (like Whole Foods) use Hissho. Here's a link to the nutrition information, I actually printed it out and have it in my car 'cuz Friday night is sushi night for me so when I stop on the way home from work, I have the nutrition info with me. :o)

ENJOY!!!!!
  • IRun24
    IRun24 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am currently addicted to Spicy tuna with mango (where I get mine they don't put the crunchy stuff in). SOO good. I do one roll (4-pieces) of that and than one (4-pieces) vegie roll, maybe some Miso soup. I LOVE edamame, too.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Make sure you watch how much soy sauce you use!!! 1 tablespoon has up to 900 grams of sodium in it !!!! You can also ask if they have a no rice roll... My local sushi bar makes them and instead of rice they use cucumber it's so good and refreshing
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I usually get the avacado rolls and california rolls (6 each) and only 300 calories for it all!

Cucumber rolls are okay too. Sometimes I'll have the salmon or tuna rolls.

ENJOY!
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I want my shrimp tempura roll but I'm going to be good :)
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options

Thanks for these links! I've been avoiding sushi only because I could never find the cals!!! SUSHI FOR ME THIS WEEKEND!!!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    dragon roll, yummy roll, spider roll. All are wonderful!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I think that sushi calories are subjective to the restaurant where you are eating. Nothing is uniform (even pre made sushi). I would go with sashimi unless you can get rolls with brown rice which will be not much less calories but some and healthier for you then the white rice. Also ask for very little sauce and watch the Ponzu. I love sushi and have been holding off till I am at my 20lbs lost mark ... OH MAN THAT BETTER HAPPEN SOON! lol
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ask for brown rice if possible and order rolls that consist mainly of uncooked and unprepared fish. Salmon, shrimp, crab, yellowtail, tuna, octopuss, or squid. Avoid spicy rolls as they include a spicy mayo usually. Avoid rolls with tempura and rolls with cream cheese.

I love sushi it is a fantastic meal. Great for post workout!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My favorite subject baby! I am a good girl and eat brown rice all the time, but when it's sushi I gotta have white rice and after all it is a treat! I get a glass of water, a bowl of miso, a california roll, and then I share a roll that I shouldn't be having, like dynamite or a tempura roll or whatever you like. It's only half a roll after all. I have gone out for sushi at least 5 times since I started losing weight and it hasn't tripped me up yet!!! In my next life I hope I'm Japanese!
  • cmsdives
    Options

Are you going to a resturant or getting pre-made at like Whole Foods? If you are going to pre-made route, most places (like Whole Foods) use Hissho. Here's a link to the nutrition information, I actually printed it out and have it in my car 'cuz Friday night is sushi night for me so when I stop on the way home from work, I have the nutrition info with me. :o)

ENJOY!!!!!

Okay, okay, I admit it - I hit "Post" before including the link!!! Sorry!!! :embarassed:

http://www.hisshosushi.com/pdfnew/Hissho Sushi Nutrition Facts.pdf