Two NSVs, Lane Bryant & Pilates!

Options
Closed my Lane Bryant account today because all their stuff is too big for me. Also can now do Pilates roll ups with ease - have never been able to do that before. Two small NSVs but I'm really happy. Looking forward to another NSV soon - running a 10K on Thanksgiving. Also hoping that next year's NSV is fitting into knee-high boots that aren't WIDE CALF. ;-)

Replies

• LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats! Where are you going to open an account at next? =P
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about closing my LB account too!!! Even though I am still in 18 and 16 pants/jeans, I like other places a lot better and the LB 14/16 panties have fit me since I was in a 22 so can't really buy those again now. I find that all of LB's tops are cut big/weird for me now - strange proportions - so there is really no point.

Maybe your boot NSV is right around the corner, I just had that experience recently and it was awesome.
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Such a great feeling. I cried the day I closed my LB account. I used to buy EVERYTHING there, it was my comfort zone and I knew it would fit me. Leaving the unknown has been simply amazing! Keep up your hard work and good luck on your 10K!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. Congratulations!
  • toridehaven
    Options
    OMG good for you!!!!
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I look forward to the day I can close my LB account. Which would probably be soon (I'm down to a 16 pants and they're starting to get loose) except that I have big boobs and need to buy my bras from there.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Congrats!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Closed my Lane Bryant account today because all their stuff is too big for me. Also can now do Pilates roll ups with ease - have never been able to do that before. Two small NSVs but I'm really happy. Looking forward to another NSV soon - running a 10K on Thanksgiving. Also hoping that next year's NSV is fitting into knee-high boots that aren't WIDE CALF. ;-)

Awesome! Great Job! Know what you mean about the boots- I just got my first pair this year!! Was totally excited as I have not been able to wear the higher boots since I was in high school!!
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Guess you'll have to move on to Victoria's Secret, huh? :wink:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm still wondering why you called them 'small' NSV's. . . .those are GREAT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can't wait until I can shop in a store other than LB!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Great on your NSV. :happy:

I haven't closed my LB because of the bras, the ONE & only thing from them that still fits. Old Navy is now where I get everything (not in the Plus either, normal Women's!)
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you...and I don't even know you!! BUT, I do comepletely understand how great it must have felt to close that LB account. I should be outta there for good in another 15-20 lbs, and I can't wait to say good riddance! Congrats. These are not small NSVs and you should be proud of yourself.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That's great news!!! That is excellent dedication, I'm with you on the boot thing... I'm right in the middle now, and contribute my smaller calves to running since I haven't lost as much, but when that day comes, I may have to shout from the roof tops.
  • prettykitty1963
    prettykitty1963 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what NSV stands for?
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I still have my Avenue account and will for a bit, but I am now down to the 1x/2x sizes that more stores have, so my shopping variety has opened way up. Looking forward to the day when the Avenue and all plus-sized stores just aren't in the cards, so thanks for inspiring!

(NSV = non-scale victory for those asking)
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    NSV - non scale victory.

I will add closing my Lane Bryant and Avenue accounts as my long term goals!!!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing

Just think of how much money you'll save, too! Lane Bryant is SOOOOO EXPENSIVE :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!