Advocare Recipes

Options
Hi there,
I'm on day 2 of my Advocare Cleanse and was wondering if anyone had any good recipes they could share?

Replies

• lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hi there...

Check out my Pinterest board for challenge recipes: http://www.pinterest.com/lesliev523/advocare-is-awesome/

I am sure there will be haters on this thread.... yes I am a distributor. No I do not think Advocare is necessary for weight loss. But it has helped me, and it has helped my son for weight gain (he is an athlete who needed to gain muscle to stay competitive)

Good luck, and feel free to friend me!

Leslie
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, that was a bit harsh. Advocare is a multilevel marketing outfit designed to sell you useless "supplements" that don't actually do anything.
  • lesliev523
    Options
    It is not actually a MLM...if you look at the definition. IT IS, however, direct sales. It really is no different than buying at GNC, but you just purchase the supplements through a distributor.

I mean if you think about it, there are multi levels in every business. If you buy at GNC or Vitamin World, the purchase pays for the sales persons wage, and their managements wage, and the wages for the brand name you are buying. It is just how you look at it...

There are lots of people that will try to pressure potential customers in to purchasing.... but not everyone is like that. My feeling is that if it works for me, great. That is all that matters to me. If it works for you, great. If using something else works better for you... fantastic. Who am I to judge?

If you want to profess how you lost weight eating McDonalds and Pop Tarts... I would just not comment or give my opinion because what worked for you didn't work for me.

To each their own....
  • jonnythan
    Options
    It is not actually a MLM...if you look at the definition. IT IS, however, direct sales. It really is no different than buying at GNC, but you just purchase the supplements through a distributor.

I mean if you think about it, there are multi levels in every business. If you buy at GNC or Vitamin World, the purchase pays for the sales persons wage, and their managements wage, and the wages for the brand name you are buying. It is just how you look at it...

There are lots of people that will try to pressure potential customers in to purchasing.... but not everyone is like that. My feeling is that if it works for me, great. That is all that matters to me. If it works for you, great. If using something else works better for you... fantastic. Who am I to judge?

If you want to profess how you lost weight eating McDonalds and Pop Tarts... I would just not comment or give my opinion because what worked for you didn't work for me.

To each their own....

I'm not directly familiar with their business model, but Wikipedia states that their independent distributors can earn additional income from downstream sales. That's the definition of multilevel marketing.

GNC stores don't make extra money from the sales of a GNC store they convince a friend to open in the next town over.

This has nothing to do with McD's and Pop-Tarts. It's about Advocare. Advocare is a multilevel marketing company designed to sell "supplements" that have no actual health benefits.

Also, I don't sell McD's or Pop-Tarts. You sell Advocare. It is in your interests to promote Advocare not only to increase your own sales but to recruit distributors that can further increase your profits. So you're not exactly impartial.
  • lesliev523
    Options
    Actually GNC is a franchise... so yes they do make money when people open stores.

And I never said I wasn't impartail.

:)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Actually GNC is a franchise... so yes they do make money when people open stores.

GNC makes money when people open stores.

People who open GNC stores don't make money from getting their friends to open stores.

GNC is not multilevel marketing.

Advocare is multilevel marketing.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

People who open GNC stores don't make money from getting their friends to open stores.

I always find the MLM haters to be funny. Why do *you* care if I make money off of someone else selling something I believe in? I'm the one who is selling it. I can talk at you until I'm blue in the face, I can't force you to buy it It's your job, as a consumer to do the research and make an educated decision. That's the same whether you go to wal-mart or through a salesperson. . MLM in and of themselves are not a scam simply because they are MLM. There are a few companies who gave MLM a bad rap. But that's true of every type of company out there. There are some that are worse then others and some that are better. There are some that promote crappy products and some that promote good products. Question: If I sold you knives and you loved them and felt you got a good product for a good price, would you really care that me and my manager got commission off that sale? If the answer is no, then you're real objection is to Advocare, not the method in which it's distributed.

Also, you're splitting hairs with the difference between MLM and franchising. Bottom line is someone who is not doing the work is getting a check whenever someone else does the work. In one is the corporate office, in the other it's the person who "hired" you. I'd rather help a person then a corporation to be honest. (and yes i understand that ultimately you are helping the corporation in both scenarios.)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I always find the MLM haters to be funny. Why do *you* care if I make money off of someone else selling something I believe in? I'm the one who is selling it. I can talk at you until I'm blue in the face, I can't force you to buy it It's your job, as a consumer to do the research and make an educated decision. That's the same whether you go to wal-mart or through a salesperson. . MLM in and of themselves are not a scam simply because they are MLM. There are a few companies who gave MLM a bad rap. But that's true of every type of company out there. There are some that are worse then others and some that are better. There are some that promote crappy products and some that promote good products. Question: If I sold you knives and you loved them and felt you got a good product for a good price, would you really care that me and my manager got commission off that sale? If the answer is no, then you're real objection is to Advocare, not the method in which it's distributed.

Also, you're splitting hairs with the difference between MLM and franchising. Bottom line is someone who is not doing the work is getting a check whenever someone else does the work. In one is the corporate office, in the other it's the person who "hired" you. I'd rather help a person then a corporation to be honest. (and yes i understand that ultimately you are helping the corporation in both scenarios.)

AMEN!!! Very well put!
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Let's get back on track here:

I don't have any good recipes although I can tell you to follow what they say to NOT eat. When I was doing the cleanse I ate very clean. Lots of veggies and some fruits, NO red meat, Lean Chicken and Fish. I followed that South Beach Diet principles too. The meals were good but didn't follow the daily meal plan. I lost 10 lbs. each month for 3 months. Drink LOTS of water going into the cleanse too. When your cleanse is over still eat clean, its still working in your system.
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Now, about all this MLM stuff.

I am a distributor and when I was active I was very successful in the program. The business is like the products......they're not for everyone. Anyone who takes their products has the opportunity to get their money back if you didn't feel the product is working.
    If the person you bought them from didn't tell you that then shame on them. These products don't work for everyone just as other vitamins and supplements bought at other retailers may not work for everyone either. That's why there is this thing called a "CHOICE".
    Unless your a chemist, physicist or doctor and KNOW something about the molecular structure of supplements you really don't have a place to say they're junk. It's an opinion......everyone has one!!! Sorry they didn't work for you.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    In. I need something more entertaining than actual work to look at.
    Thanks in advance :smile:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

To each their own....

So...it's Advocare OR McD's and Pop Tarts? :noway:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

To each their own....

So...it's Advocare OR McD's and Pop Tarts? :noway:

Moderation or something in the middle? How dare you suggest that!! :angry:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing is probably to simply avoid the things the Cleanse says to avoid and then eat as clean as possible...you can't go wrong with fruits & veggies and lean sources of protein. If you have to open up a box to make it, consider skipping it.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Easiest thing is probably to simply avoid the things the Cleanse says to avoid and then eat as clean as possible...you can't go wrong with fruits & veggies and lean sources of protein. If you have to open up a box to make it, consider skipping it.

Irony is taking a processed refined pill as part of a process meant to cleanse you from processed foods.

It's like having sex to protect your virginity.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Marketing trumps facts for completely unneeded supplements.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    That claim that MLM is just like owning a franchise, similar to McDonalds or GNC?

. I have been a customer of McDonalds and GNC many times and never has the owner of the franchise approached me about buying a franchise. Referring to the statement above they do zero recruiting and nearly 100% of sales to people who do own franchises in the same company. Owners of a franchise do not earn on-going commissions or percentages of sales of people they recruit..
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    But that's across the board marketing.. and has nothing to do with MLM or the actual product being pushed.

Turn on your TV and pick any commercial if you need proof. Or just look at the food/medicine advertisements on your browser. (Cereals are the worst for misleading claims.)

Same concept.

The marketing employed to sell a products does not depend on it being MLM, direct sales or on the shelf at a store. It simply depends on what the head honcho who makes these decisions thinks they can get away with.

That's why its the consumer who needs to do their own research and decide for themselves if something is a good choice for them or not. Advocare must work for some people, or it wouldn't be a successful product. Regardless of my feelings toward it.

Poster above me: pretty sure I covered that already.. The franchise owner gets paid based off sales of his store(s). the corporation takes a cut of their sales. Same concept, different model. No.. the GNC franchise owner will not approach you trying to "recruit" you. But the corporation will let you start up your own franchise if you want to and they get paid based off your sales. I'm not sure if the GNC hourly employee also gets commission on sales, but if they do you can bet their boss gets commission based of that as well. (I worked in a department store where I got commission for anything I sold as well as anything my employees sold, my manager also got commission anytime I sold an item that i got commission off of and the store manager did too) So splitting hairs. Someone is getting paid by other people working.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Are you arguing that Advocare isn't MLM or that MLM is fine?

What about the snake oil products?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I don't have an opinion on advocare. I know nothing about it. However i don't believe in cleanses and I don't believe in weight loss pills. So I would most likely not promote this product. But the method in which is distributed has no bearing on a product being good or not. Like I asked before. If I sold you top of the line quality knives at a fair price, would you care that it was through MLM? Doubtful. You'd just be happy to have knives you never have to replace, that you got a good price on.