Apple cider vinegar??? really

Options
does drinking 1-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar before each meal help with weight loss?

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    that's weird............
    I've never heard of that. before.
  • js775219
    Options
    I've heard about it and ACV for a number of things; I use it on my hair!
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've heard about it, it's been around for 10 years as far as I know. They claim it is supposed to help, but I'm not sure how. Theres also green tea extract, I'm interested in both. Anyone care to join in on the discussion and enlighten us?
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Yeah, it will make you sick to your stomach so you don't want to eat.

Actually, that diet has been around for a long time. I remember my Mom tried it in the 70's.
  • hillevans
    Options
    I have not heard of it for weight loss. I have heard if you drink an ounce in water in the morning it can help with acid reflux throughout the day.
  • hthurman
    hthurman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My grandma told me last year to add it to my dinner when cooking b/c it helps with weight loss. It must be an old method as some have previously said. I believe it works, my grandma brought out an article in a health magazine that mentioned it as well.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    does drinking 1-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar before each meal help with weight loss?

I read once in a book about natural weight loss secrets that if you take raw apple cider vinegar before each meal it will help you burn stored food fat. Not sure if it works or not though.
  • wife2mikejh
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar basically helps rid the body of fluids and water weight. Even if you don't lose weight from taking it, it has other benefits.
  • healthygrl
    healthygrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I’m pretty sure this falls under the category of “Too good to be true.”
    Sorry!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people taking it in tablet form, along with other things like green tea, dandelion, acai berry etc etc. I'm not sure how many of these things actually work. I guess if they did we'd all be using them?!
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    I have heard this as well work in a vitamin store and I am not sure if anyone has any success with it or not but i can see it helping with acid reflux because it restores the ph in your body. you can take tablets as well if you don't want to drink the vinegar.
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it & have tried it before. Just make sure you have food in your stomach or it can make you sick.
    Here is a link about it if you want to check it out
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    I've heard it works kind of like a detox, it cleanses you on the inside. So my guess is taking the bad things out of your body also takes some of the weight. It might help that way.
    And yes, I also heard it's great for your hair! Just add a tea-spoon to your shampoo and it should make your hair real shiny.
    It stinks though, so I'm not sure if I'll ever use it...
  • nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I remember hearing this one from my mother growing up. The theory is that vinegar will shrink your stomach and reduce appetite. Or so my crazy mother said.

Here's a website that debunks the apple cider vinegar weight loss concept:

http://www.wisegeek.com/can-apple-cider-vinegar-really-help-me-lose-weight.htm

Here's how to really lose weight -- burn more calories than you eat. That's how this website works. And it has worked well for me -- I've lost over 60 pounds. :-)

Nik
  • veganempress
    Options
    I am currently doing a 21 day liver cleanse that consist of drinking 8 oz of warm water as soon as I wake up in the morning. Followed by 4 oz of raw cranberry juice, then 1 tsp spoon of Apple cider Vinegar. Throughout the day drink at least 8 cups of water.

Your liver is one of the most important parts of out body. Its main functions are detoxification, protein synthesis, and production of biochemicals necessary for digestion. If your liver is not working right then it could be hard to lose weight. Since your liver helps with digestion of foods then it needs to be cleaned every 6 to 9 months.

Usually when I do the 21 day liver cleanse I lose about 5 lbs. So in a sense I think that the Apple cider helps detoxify. However I have never used it alone. I have only used it in combination with the Raw cranberry and warm lemon water in the morning.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It supposedly reduces your cravings for carbs.. at least that is what I have heard.

I tried the tablet form years ago but didn't notice a difference in appetite or cravings.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Fact....helps reduce blood sugar level . Google it and will get more info...specially helps diabetics which have trouble with there pancreas producing enough insulin to open up the cells in the body to burn up sugar from food eaten. That when not taken care of sugar will attack nerves and stick to them causing damage to those nerves. Thats the simple version...google it....:wink:
  • MichaelPowell
    Options
    I’m pretty sure this falls under the category of “Too good to be true.”
    Sorry!

Wow, I experimented with that with chopped raw red onions and cucumbers "Mixed it all together" and I did lose some weight..
    Before I did it, My scale read 192.2lbs.. "I was shocked that it went up 1 pound", So I decided to give that experiment a try I did it before every meal and late-night "10pm". Then - the next morning, I did my weigh-in, it read 191.2 lbs.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen that says that vinegar does help. It's not just apple cider vinegar; it's any kind. I'm a big fan because it's no calories and no sodium. I use it to dress my salads. Yes, I am shrinking. Not sure exactly how much the vinegar is contributing, but I love the stuff just the same.

http://www.realage.com/blogs/doctor-oz-roizen/can-balsamic-bring-weight-and-blood-sugar-down
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    BE CAREFUL!! Vinegar is acidic. Its strong enough to erode the enamel on your teeth. Once you lose your enamel, you can't get it back... there is really little that can be done at that point to save your teeth.

If you insist on drinking vinegar please dilute it with water or better yet try drinking it with a straw. This way it comes in less contact with your teeth. :flowerforyou: