another newbie...

Options
hey. my name is erica and just joined the site... i've been using the program on my phone along with dieting but just realized there was a website with message boards! just wanted to say hello and introduce myself!!!!!

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Options
    Welcome to the boards:flowerforyou: Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some additional support.:smile:
  • Cubetor
    Cubetor Posts: 19
    Options
    hehe, I did the same thing I used the program for a few days before I went on the site, I just started tho, welcome
  • Brittany689
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • Muchloveerica
    Options
    Thanks... still getting used to it all. Seems easy which is good for someone like me... not too techno savvy. :-)
  • Brittany689
    Options
    Same here
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    on your phone? hmm.. is that an iphone or similar? I have a cellphone with internet and all kinds of crap on it. i wonder if the site will work on it.. thanx for the reminder! :D
  • rcsewell
    rcsewell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What kind of phone do you have? I use it on my Droid phone, it's a free app. Easy to use (thank goodness, or I'd never use it).
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What kind of phone do you have? I use it on my Droid phone, it's a free app. Easy to use (thank goodness, or I'd never use it).

umm.. I have a Nokia E65
  • NanAllen
    NanAllen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a newbie as well. I was going to join WW and decided to give this a try instead since it was free. I am doing very well by tracking my food. I am really happy that everything I have eaten so far is in the database. :smile: :smile: I have lost 2.5 lbs since Monday just by tracking my food, cutting my calories and exercising.

Nan
  • Brittany689
    Options
    Your doing great NanAllen keep up the great work.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I am new to this as well. Been trying to diet off and on for a couple years. Reality hit me when I had my A1C tested just recently and it came back as pre-diabetic. I'm only 22, so this was a real wake up call for me. My mom has type two diabetes, and I know it's genetic, and I read on WebMD that if you have a direct relative with it, your chances are higher and symptoms likely present at an earlier age. My mom was diagnosed at 35, so 22 is certainly earlier!!

Anyway, I've been really counting my carbs, to moniter my blood sugar levels. This site really helps with keeping below my carb alotment. I don't pay too much attention to fats, because a nutritionist I know told me they're not as important when dieting for diabetic reasons. Not saying I let my fats fly and don't care, I just don't count them as much as I count carbs.

My biggest problem is trying to exercise. I lack the motivation and I feel like I'm too fat to be running around my neighborhood. I just have the paranoid thought in my head that "no one wants to see that". On top of that, I live with 5 other people, so I don't have a whole lot of room in my house right now for a home workout. Most I can do is crunches. I definitely need some motivation in that department!!
  • minbat
    minbat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too - never been on a calorie counting adventure before .. somehow despite the gym and eating quite healthily the weight has crept on. Maybe its my age - I am 54 - never needed to diet before but now it has got me! Just entering the calories consumed is giving me an awareness of what I am eating so that may make a difference.. and its an incentive to do the exercise as well .. because that gives you more calories to play with ..