eating dessert muffins every night?

Options
Hi everyone! I recently found a recipe online for healthier chocolate chip muffins and I made them and they are GREAT. They have no flour or sugar (besides stevia), and are made with ingredients like greek yogurt, unsweetened coco, applesauce, and rolled oats. Besides the chocolate chips its all pretty healthy ingredients. Each muffin weighs in at around 140 calories. Throughout the day I eat healthy meals, and even my snacks are usually healthy. But every night I get a craving for something sweet after dinner and I like to have dessert. My question is, can I eat one of these muffins for dessert every night? I like them better than the weight watchers ice cream bars/ 100 calorie pudding cups that I have been eating because they are more natural and satisfying to me. Just concerned that eating the same thing for dessert every night will cause me to gain weight. I am happy at the weight I am currently at and I just want to maintain. Also, I also leave room for the muffins in my calorie intake for the day.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I also leave room for the muffins in my calorie intake for the day.

Then your answer is yes. Enjoy your muffin.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calorie goal and meeting your nutritional needs, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a treat.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    No. This is a horrible idea. Please pack up the remaining muffins and ship them to me. I will ensure that they are disposed of properly (preferably in some way involving ice cream). :bigsmile:

Seriously, as everyone else has said, as long as they fit into your daily goals, go for it!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I've been eating bite size milky ways as a snack every day lately, too bad they are almost gone now :sad:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ok, but only if you share the recipe :D
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    No. This is a horrible idea. Please pack up the remaining muffins and ship them to me. I will ensure that they are disposed of properly (preferably in some way involving ice cream). :bigsmile:

Best answer!
  • samorcutt58
    samorcutt58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been eating these ridiculously fatty bacon egg mcmuffin sandwiches every day. English Muffin, overeasy egg, cheddar cheese, and BACON. They are low calorie at 400 calories per serving. They are super unhealthy, but help me lose weight. For weight loss all that matters is total calories. You can eat chocolate every meal every day and you will lose weight. Your body being healthy is a whole nother matter though.