looking for ideas for low protien

Options
snoopy1107
snoopy1107 Posts: 17 Member
I need help finding low protein recipes and low protein food options. It seems as if I have protein problem. I'm running into a problem during the day that after lunch I have used up all my protein for the day. Any ideas on how to rememdy this problem.

Thanks snoopy1107

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein pretty low, I would not worry about going over. Most users that I have talked to acutally change the setting an increase the protein by 5 to 15% above the default. MFP defaults at 15%. Nutritionists recommend eating between 10% and 30% of calories from protein, so you are safe even if you double the amount on your list.

If you want to change the % go to goals, click change goals, select custom, make your changes then click save changes. you can start by increasing protein by 5% and lower carbs by 5%. If that still isn't enough you can go back in and make changes until you find what works for you.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I don't know a lot about protein,but I think MFP sets protein too low. I have the same problem and I rarely eat meat othe than fish.
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The site is not good with allotting protein amounts. I always go over by a ton. I lift weights and exercise 5 days a week and my body needs the protein to feed my muscles. I even have protein shakes with milk. Don't worry about going over at all. It is not an issue (unless you are eating unhealthy options like bacon all the time).
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I go over on my protein every day. Protein will only help you build lean Muscle!
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If your exercises a lot don't worry about the protien, it will help in adding muscle which in turn will help burn more calories. Protien and fiber are two things I could care less if I bust. just my two cents
  • OhyesIam
    Options
    Per the nutritionist that was at our workout class last Saturday you want 1 gram of protein per lb. of body weight per day, ( and there are about 7 grams per ounce) so someone who weighs 150 would need approx 20 oz of protein a day if they are trying to agin muscle mass.
  • onebadrg
    Options
    I work out 5 to 6 days a week and have on average 210 - 250 grams of protien a day. Don't worry about protien if you are working out and want to build some muscle.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yeah like others have said I go over my protein every day. I think its one of those things thats better to over with than say fat or sodium or carbs so I wouldnt worry about it. I do however find that some days when I go too much over it messes with my digestion and then I cut back a little. I also dont eat animal protein in the from of meat, so you may want to take a look at where yours is coming from. I feel more comfortable on veggie protein (like legumes) than I do on diary protein generally.
  • snoopy1107
    snoopy1107 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone that responded. I feel alot better now. I do go to the gym atleast 5 days a week and do cardio and strength training. So I feel confident after your posts that I am gonna be ok.

Thanks for your help :)