MFP and Weight Watchers

Options
Ok, I used to follow Weight Watchers and I apply a few of their rules to MFP. On Weight Watchers, Vegetables are completely free, zero points so you can eat them freely. I do that now as well as have my 1200 calories.

Does anyone else do this? what do you guys think of it?

Replies

• nikki91950
    Options
    hey! i've been using this site since June but am doing it along with the WW system. i worry about my points, not the calories and i've been very successful. i've been on WW for going on six years now and i've dropped almost 60 pounds :)
  • sjaudio
    sjaudio Posts: 52
    Options
    Calories in vs. calories out. I track everything that i eat. If I were to let a few things slide I'd feel like I was cheating myself.
  • sarah2harris
    sarah2harris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All calories count. Even ones from vegetables and other healthy foods. Too many calories will slow your weight loss even if they come from fruits or vegetables. That's one of the many problems with the weight watchers system. The other main negative about weight watchers is that if allows you to consume "acitivity points" anytime during the week in which you earned them. Eating back calories that you burned from exercise is best done the same day, not up to 6 days later.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You have to do what works for you and your body. You are going to get tons of different opinions but bottom line is, some things might work for your body and some might not. Try it out for a few weeks, see how it works, if it is successful...continue on. if not, re-adjust and start counting everything.

Good luck!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I count the calories in veg too. I understand why they are free, as they dont add up to much, but still, if you're eating up to your max allowance including exercise cals, that 100 cals of veg can make a difference to losing or not.

If you dont eat back all your cals, then i dont suppose it will matter.

See what works for you, good luck :flowerforyou:
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs. calories out. I track everything that i eat. If I were to let a few things slide I'd feel like I was cheating myself.

Same here. I know the points system works quite well for a lot of people--and I even subscribe to their magazine--but I'm meticulous when it comes to tracking *everything.* My doctor recommended counting everything as well.