Calling all Brides!

Options
I just rejoined MFP last week and have already got some wonderful new friends on here. My focus and my goal right now is my wedding which is on March 1st 2014. I'd love to be friends with other brides or maybe even someone who has an even around that time?

Currently, I'm 5'4 and 158lbs and I'd like to be between 135-140 for my wedding. So my goal is to lose about 20-25lbs.

Also, even if you're not a bride-to-be, I'd still love to be friends with you! I love it when people post regularly and share their food diary. I find it super inspiring :)

Replies

• Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Hello!

I'm engaged as well and trying to look great on my wedding day. I want to slim down and bit a tone my arms!
  • wallacehk
    Options
    I'm getting married November 2014! I'd like some other bride-to-be friends too! I'd already been on MFP for a few weeks when I got engaged and had lost a few kgs, I've now lost a couple more and want to slowly lose another 3-5kgs (6-11 pounds) before the wedding. I'm 5'1 and currently 53.6 kg (118 pounds)
  • Alauren129
    Alauren129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married next year in May! Congrats to all you other brides!
    I am working towards looking/feeling great on my wedding day! :happy:
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Our date is a little further into 2014 (July 20th!!!!) but I am also shredding for the wedding! I have lost 20lbs but have about 40 more to go til I am at my goal weight! I started at 204 lbs back in March of this year...We can do it! Here is to staring off our married lives the healthiest and happiest we can be!
  • cyoung0317
    Options
    I just got engaged in May! I'm still in school, so we're waiting until June 2015 to get married. But how exciting. Congratulations to you all!

Getting engaged gave me a swift kick to the rear when it comes to my weight loss goals.

I too am 5'4", but I'm at about 170 pounds. I'm hoping to be between 130-140 by my wedding day!

Please add me and we can chat weddings :)
  • carlye_slover
    Options
    Bride here! Wedding is March 21, 2014! Rejoined MFP as well...definitely need to get in shape! I'm 5'4'', weigh around 150 :(...but my goal weight is 120....LET"S DO THIS!
  • K2405
    K2405 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride too :) we get married in May! I'm currently about 150lb, started at 184lb, and would like to be about 135lb for my wedding.
  • wallacehk
    Options
    Bump!
  • faisbs7
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a bride to be in Sept. 2014. I've put off weight loss for a long time now and I am apprehensive about getting all this weight off! I'm 5'4 currently 237 and need to get down to 170 before the wedding. I need to lose about 70lbs before the big day! I'll be glad to take on this journey with anyone else who needs a pal! :smile:
  • cmp04d
    cmp04d Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm a bride-to-be, getting married October 11, 2014. I'm hoping to lose 40-50 lbs by then. I've had success on here in the past, and I'm ready to dig in again.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged but don't have a set date yet but it's still another reason to keep up with my weight loss.
  • goldarae
    goldarae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    August 16, 2014!!!! I have about 40 more pounds I'd like to lose by then =)
  • leelo2003
    leelo2003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    well i'm not a bride but i am renewing my wedding vows october 17th 2014 in cancun, never had a wedding dress so i'm trying my hardest to shed a few stones and drop a few dress sizes so i can have the dress i've chosen http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Chiffon-White-Ivory-Sweetheart-A-line-Beach-Wedding-Bridesmaid-dress-uk6-8-/171145256793?pt=UK_Wedding_Dresses&var=470294024495&hash=item27d90d5f59

ive lost 18lb so far in a month and start the gym tomorrow.

Congratulations to all you brides out there and good luck with your weight loses
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    March 15, 2014! I don't really have date specific goals, but the bling on my finger is definitely a motivator :)
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im getting married on Dec 12, 2013 ! lost 21 lbs so far.. and looking to lose another 10-12 before the wedding..
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    10/25/2014-would love some Bride to Be's for friends!!!
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    well i'm not a bride but i am renewing my wedding vows october 17th 2014 in cancun, never had a wedding dress so i'm trying my hardest to shed a few stones and drop a few dress sizes so i can have the dress i've chosen http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Chiffon-White-Ivory-Sweetheart-A-line-Beach-Wedding-Bridesmaid-dress-uk6-8-/171145256793?pt=UK_Wedding_Dresses&var=470294024495&hash=item27d90d5f59

ive lost 18lb so far in a month and start the gym tomorrow.

Congratulations to all you brides out there and good luck with your weight loses

love the dress! you're gonna look stunning :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    10/04/2014 bride. I don't have a goal per se, I just want to feel good and confident. I don't have a number I am stuck on , I just want to see myself and think I look good.

Just lifting, eating well when I can and focusing on being happy!
  • jen4relient22
    Options
    i'm getting married June 14th!! i joined MFP a while ago (right after buying my dress of course) and lost almost 20lbs. i'm just a few pounds away from my goal weight, but i'm in maintenance mode until a few months before the wedding because i don't want to get burnt out.

i love having active friends, so feel free to add me!
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My day is May 17, 2014! I would love to lose my last 18 lbs by then.