Indoor Cycling, good for weight loss????

Options
Just how much weight have you lost working out vigourously on a stationary bike???? i'm just curious

Replies

• juggalotus
    Options
    I do the treadmill and the stationary bike 4-7 days a week and I have lost 19 lbs so far. I started in the beginning of August. So 19 lbs in a little over a month.

Ps. My tracker says 14 but my weigh in days are on Tues, so it will be recorded when i wake up in a few hours lol....
  • BigAnt182
    Options
    Awesome!!! Very inspiring. Thank you for replying :)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    31 pounds. Try interval training for stationary bike. Best thing in the world.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My only exercise is walking & stationary bike. So far I'm down 85lbs :o)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    31 pounds. Try interval training for stationary bike. Best thing in the world.

I agree with that. I do it for 20-30 mins, 2 days out of my 3 cardio days per week (I do boxing, walking, dvd dance workout together with aikido class on my other cardio day) & it keeps my heart rate all pumped up high.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    With "HIIT" training you can burn over 1400 calories in 12 minutes. It's hard but I love it. Make sure you have a strong heart before trying it.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    You can also build a bit of lean muscles in the quads, especially if you do hill climbs in the spinning class.
  • keash
    keash Posts: 12
    Options
    Indoor cycling is one of the best forms of cardio exercise to perform to achieve body fat reduction :-)

Kea - Pt & Spinning Instructor ;-)
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I teach spinning-- which is a great calorie burn. If you aren't going to a spin class.. and are using the stationary bike.. try to concentrate on really getting your heart rate going-.. not an easy relaxed pace the whole time. Ditto from the others.. stationary bike can be a great calorie burn. AND.. a good challenge for you ! ( Love a good challenge.. )
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    Look at it this way... Sitting on your *kitten*, all day, watching Jeramy Vile certainly isnt going to help you lose anything.. other than social skills and your will to live!! lol

So ANY indoor/outdoor activity will "help". How much so, depends on the intensity
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1400 calories in 12 minutes? Do you have a link that backs that up? Seems high.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    With "HIIT" training you can burn over 1400 calories in 12 minutes. It's hard but I love it. Make sure you have a strong heart before trying it.

1400 calories in 12 minutes? Do you have a link that backs that up? Seems high
  • Jess_rom52
    Options
    In my opinion, Indoor cycling is the best way to reduce weight, its a good form of exercise particularly for women like me who are working and don't get enough time to go out for walk as I have to look after my family and also to look after my professional life too. Therefore the best way I figured out to maintain myself was to start doing indoor cycling. Trust me I have lost a lot of weight in the last 4 weeks and I feel good about myself.
    After getting married I was being out of shape no getting much time to focus on my physique, therefore I got an indoor cycling bike from http://www.spinning.com/en/ where it helped me burn calories and get me back in shape.
    I am loving myself.. WoohoOoo!!! :)
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options

Typo much!? Lol that's some workout!!

HIIT is great on a stationary bike. My preferred method of HIIT for sure.
  • FarTooJones
    Options
    Currently I can do about 23 miles a night on my stationary bike on a resistance level of 5 out of 8, averaging about 18mph or so. However when i checked my pulse immediately after and it was a little under the target range. I can't remember for sure, want to say it was 119 bpm and should have been 133 at least. Am I better off doing only 10-12 miles at a higher intensity than what i'm currently doing for burning calories?

I have a bpm monitor ordered from amazon that should be here monday, so hopefully I'll be able to better track my pulse without having to stop.