newie

Options
Hello! My friend Laura just introduced me to this site so watch out, you'll be seeing me alot around here. I had gastric bypass six months ago, have lost 165 pounds, but I seem to have come to a stand-still. Would like to lose another 165, and I'm sure I will with the help of this site.

Michelle

Replies

• nannie834
    nannie834 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello! My friend Laura just introduced me to this site so watch out, you'll be seeing me alot around here. I had gastric bypass six months ago, have lost 165 pounds, but I seem to have come to a stand-still. Would like to lose another 165, and I'm sure I will with the help of this site.

Michelle
  • MomtoZJR
    MomtoZJR Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome Michelle:flowerforyou:
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    Options
    Welcome Michelle - I joined July 1st and I love this site. So helpful!! :flowerforyou:

74015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome and remember at 2 lbs a week it adds up to 52 lbs in 26 weeks or 6 months or 104 lbs in 1 year I have been here for 6 months, it's wonderful :wink:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you continued success :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome and remember at 2 lbs a week it adds up to 52 lbs in 26 weeks or 6 months or 104 lbs in 1 year I have been here for 6 months, it's wonderful :wink:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you continued success :drinker:

Welcome Michelle! It is GREAT advice to log BEFORE you eat! I sometimes even do 2 and 3 days in advance! It's so much easier (and less worrying) to already know ahead of time that you're within your numbers.