FitBit, JawBone or other?

Hey guys, just wonder if people have tried the new fitbit wrist band, jaw bone etc. I am looking at getting one soon but i'm not sure which one is the best to get. I've tried pedometers but they always break or fall off, or are generally crap anyway. Just want to know what people have tried/have etc and if they work well and are good with this ap.
Thanks x

Replies

• gclark316
    gclark316 Posts: 6 Member
    I was looking into the same. I have two friends with Nike Fuel Bands and they love them. I am going with the Fitbit Force only because it does sleep and stairs. I think both are good. I've seen the Jawbone and did not like the fit. Good Luck
  • I have the Fitbit One which you carry in your pocket or on the waistband. Some women I know wear it on their bra. I'm just a little self-conscious about wearing the wrist style things.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    I have the Fitbit One and love it. It has helped me lose 30 lbs since I got it in May. Huge benefit for me for sure.

From my experience, the sleep feature does not help me as I dont have trouble with sleep. Stairs are a nice motivator but not a huge factor in my calorie burn.

I had the FB flex and returned it as I dont think it was accurate with steps like the One. it would measure steps when I was not moving (when I moved my arm to talk etc). I assume the Jawbone would do something similar.

Also, wrist mounted devices are not for me as I would be taking it off frequently since I dont want to wear a device that looks like a charity rubber bracelet.

If my one ever breaks, I will probably go for the FB Zip as it does not measure sleep and is $40 cheaper than the one.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Thanks guys, might go for the fitbit one as it does stairs, my sleep pattern is horrendous so something that measures sleep might be good for me as well will see what the prices are like and maybe ask santa (aka my husband) for it for xmas XD