Newbie looking for support!

Options
Hi! My name is Jen and I am trying to loose weight to gain confidence. I am the mother of 3 children, my daughter is 11, my son is 3 and my yougest daughter is 9 months. I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant with my first 11 years ago and I still carried around about 30-40 of that for several years. 8 years later I became pregnant with my son, which I gained the least amount with which was 30lbs. I lost about 20 of that but gained an additional 10-15 because of birth control. Me and my husband knew that we wanted to have a 3rd child so I began working out hard when my son was about 6 months old, hitting the gym 4-5 times a week. By the time we were ready to try for our 3rd in April 2009 I had lost 33lbs. While pregnant with my 3rd I gained 43lbs (the girls always do me in! lol). I lost about 27 of that in just a couple of days after giving birth. Starting working out again when she was about 3 months old but didn't start hitting it hard (4-5 times a week) until just a couple of months ago. I have lost 20lbs (all of the 3rd baby weight plus an additional 3-4lbs :) But now I seem to have hit the hard weight loss. I have been at a stand still for a little over a month and realize I really need to start some kind of dieting. We hardly ever eat out, I dont buy chips, soda, chocolate, or anything like that when we grocery shop. The carbs is what gets me. I love hearty homemade meals and I need to start making more healthy foods.

This site seems like the perfect way to keep me on track and I would love to gain some support and to be able to support others on their own weight loss. Feel free to request me as a friend! :)

Good luck to you!

Replies

• pell53
    pell53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck! I am new to the site, as well, but have used others in the past - mostly to maintain weight and get healthier in general. I think this is the best site I have ever seen for tracking, etc.

One thing that really helps me - beyond just the calorie counting (which definitely helps!) is to focus on another variable like sodium or sugar....and challenge yourself to have a day where you don't go over in those. Almost every time you keep a variable like this in line, the calories also fall into place. Just an idea!

Good luck!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Welcome to yout both. You;ve come to the right place if your looking for support!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • vikingsfan65
    Options
    Hello to you from WA. I am new as well and need all the support I can get. Good luck to you. I think this site is really going to help.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Hello Newbie! I just love this site and credit it for the results I've seen so far.
    If you cook at home a lot you likely just need to modify a few things. Make sure you are using "healthy fats" and watch your portions. Sounds to me like you pretty much know what to do already.
    Anytime I feel discouraged I just log on and "talk" to some of my friends. That always brings back my dedication and reminds me just how far I have come.
    Welcome to MFP!