botox and fillers, your opinion?

Options
twinketta
twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
Plump, fill, huge lips, frozen forehead, no smiley lines, teeth veneers...what is your opinion?

Does it make someone more attractive or do you prefer natural?

I am not including those people who have cosmetic surgery due to a deformity.

I am asking about people that are just looking at themselves in the mirror and want to turn back the aging process or want to enhance themselves.

Natural or not?

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    People with big fake lips look stupid.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    welllll....since I am 42 and have NOT botoxed (yet) all I can say is if you do, go to someone GOOD. and there is too much, for sure. I like to look natural.

I will botox for my "frown" line that is appearing from concentrating too much when I am working! I don't want to have *****y resting face and look grumpy all the time. :laugh:

Oh an boobs too. The girls need a little, ahem, help to fight gravity.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I dont find anything wrong with it. I've heard that if you get botox as a precautionary measure it can help prevent wrinkles. I'd consider it. I know for sure that when I reach goal I will be going under the knife.

I suppose it does make one more attractive because media uses the people who have undergone those procedures to sell products. So it must be visually appealing.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

VH1BigAngPartyiC3eaRCkEIhl_zps68632d30.jpg

totally!
  • twinketta
    Options

totally!

Not a good look...think there is a bit more going on than the lips there also :tongue:
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

totally!
    Scary o.o
  • twinketta
    Options
    welllll....since I am 42 and have NOT botoxed (yet) all I can say is if you do, go to someone GOOD. and there is too much, for sure. I like to look natural.

I will botox for my "frown" line that is appearing from concentrating too much when I am working! I don't want to have *****y resting face and look grumpy all the time. :laugh:

Oh an boobs too. The girls need a little, ahem, help to fight gravity.

From your teeny tiny profile pic, you look fab....don`t do it x
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    I think all of it if it is done well and done with restraint can look really good and natural. I'm seriously considering Botox for my crows feet because they really age me. That said, I know people whose entire faces from their cheekbones on up don't move and even though they don't look old they don't look good. I've never seen good lip plumping though-it always seems to go to far.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Sharon Osbourne obviously has a good surgeon and still looks natural with facial lines.

I would be interested to hear what some of the MFP guys think of it too?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwimaeDhzZ1r7ksqyo1_500_large.gif
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I really don't care what other people do to themselves. I'll grow old gracefully and naturally.
  • twinketta
    Options
    tumblr_lwimaeDhzZ1r7ksqyo1_500_large.gif

Hmmm yep lol..no laughter lines there for sure
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    It looks ****ing ridiculous.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If it will make you feel fabulous every time you look in the mirror then do it! However I think one should turn back the years within the same decade you currently reside in, meaning a procedure shouldn't attempt to take 20 years off your look. Thats when it looks fake and unnatural. I'm all for fighting the effects of gravity. I don't mind aging but I'd love to look good while i'm doing it! lol
  • IvyRose8
    IvyRose8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I intend to get Botox for the frown line between my eyebrows that I've acquired from 40 years of squinting into the sun. But I'm going to tell the doc, "How many vials do you recommend? Okay, do half of that."

I don't think Sharon Osborne looks good at all. I see her and think, "She's had work done. Lots of it." I'd love the name of Barbara Walters' plastic surgeon/dermatologist. I think she looks amazing for her age and yet her face doesn't scream "Work!".
  • ahimsa1990
    ahimsa1990 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone then why does it matter? I don't think it's good to put people down based on the way they look whether they have had botox or not. Especially considering a lot of people here are suffering with image issues. I feel sad that the people who get it aren't pleased with the way they look though.