Tummy tuck/wraps

Options
Hi guys,

Just a quick question here about the long term effectiveness of the skinny wraps I keep seeing on the net and instagram. I have lost 45kgs (99 pounds) over a few years but have excess skin on my stomach, arms and droopy boobs.. lol tmi?? :P I train 4-5 days a week doing a weights based program and cardio every now and again.

I just can't shift my tummy and even though I know I should love the skin I'm in, it's really bringing me down... I'm 21 and this is the healthiest I've ever been. I just want my body to reflect my weight training efforts.

Are the wraps worth it? Or am I just better off hanging out until after kids and getting a tummy tuck (and boob job).

:flowerforyou: Thanks!

Replies

• theslimapple
    theslimapple Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wraps are great if you want to feel slimmed down for an event later that day but they're not a permanent fix.
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've tried the skinny wrap and it didn't work. I would go for the tuck.
  • mskittenheels
    mskittenheels Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi i tried all the wraps and breast lifting items but they are just not permanent - i am alot older thanyou (34) last May i had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation as no matter how much i trained after having 2 babies my body would not go back to the shape it once was.

I think you are probably a little young for that kind of drastic surgery though and you can have these new laserlipo treatments which are non invasive which a lady in my office had and she swears by it and as yet she hasnt gained any weight around her tummy.

kind regards
    theresa
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Things tone up in the end. It's taken a year and a half but I've got some boobies back & my tum is getting better. Don't go the wrap & forget the tuck....so many risks with that.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    At only 21, I would advise you to wait. Your skin should still be quite elastic, and it might take some time, but keep up your exercise routine and eat good fresh food and your skin will come to terms with its new and smaller contents.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Well, I am 26 and have lost over 100 pounds and keep waiting for things to "catch up" and my loose skin to tighten. I get frustrated when all the advice in the boards says it will eventually happen, because the fact is that is NOT true for everyone.

That being said, I have tried the wraps and they worked, however I did not keep up with them and now the results are starting to fade... which is kind of gettin me depressed, because I do not want to shell out more money for wraps for the rest of my life and now I feel like my "progress" in that area has back tracked.

So I have started saving up for a tummy tuck. I work out daily, I use the lotions, I drink about 160 ounces of water a day, I do dry brushing... None of those things is helping my skin snap back, even after two years of waiting. I have read that it can sometimes take 5 years. I figure if in 3 more years, I have maintained my weight and still have this crepe paper, thin skin all over my stomach and hanging off the bottom, then that means it is time to have the surgery! Also, after consulting with my dr he pointed out that MOST of the body issues I have are due to this loose skin, even though not all of it "hangs" like on my lower stomach, he showed me how tightening it and pulling it up makes such a difference and shows the muscle definition underneath.

I would say that you really just have to wait and see what happens. I dont want to discourage you from thinking it can still bounce back, but I insist on being honest. Sometimes it hurts that people here think I am just not trying hard enough or something, because they are constantly saying "lifting heavy" will fix it, or being "young enough" means everything will fix itself, and that is not always the case...