Been struggling and need some SERIOUS motivation

Options
Hello out there,
I have been struggling now for quite some time, I thought I would just go it alone for awhile, but it's been proven unsuccessful. I have had great success in the past, but in the past few years have really struggled. This summer I was doing so well, but with some stress at work, I come home exhausted and it's all I can do to keep motivated. My favorite workout is walking.
I really need a good swift kick in the pants. My Dr told me in a nice but firm way to get back on the bandwagon , that Im putting on weight and I need to get it off. She is giving me advice, but I have to do put it into action.
I know what to do, I ve done it before.
I know the good of giving up white flour and sugar and diet drinks.
Just need some friendly encouragement along the way. :)
and maybe someone to slap my hand and say NO don't eat that!!!
or ...SNAP OUT OF IT!!! TAKE A WALK!!
Well hey this felt better, :)
Hope to make a few friends here, ones that won't just say nice day or good job, but hey why did you eat that!! or What were you thinking ? or hey your doing a good job.... really and they mean it :)
Thanks hope to hear from you
Kim

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request.

And I know what you mean about working a full day then trying to get up and get out for a walk. It can be damn hard but so rewarding. Good luck in your journey.
  • shanedeitert
    Options
    Kim
    You can do it. I have a lab that wakes me up every morning for her walk. It really helps. She will put her paw on my shoulder and shake me to get me up. Not sure if you have a pup but you might want to get one
  • lkh1234
    lkh1234 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi ,,,friend request sent. I have lost 75 lbs since last January with my main exercise being walking. I dread the onset of the winter months with cold, darkness and snow coming. I will need some extra motivation also !!!!
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sending my friend request and would love to have some support too I know how you feel :)
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    request sent with a note about me and my goals, and what I can bring to you. :)
  • katgolightly66
    Options
    Hey there everybody, so excited not to be doing this alone now. And yes love walking my main form of excersise I do have a gym membership but its hard to go I hate being inside. But with winter coming may have to concede. As for the dogs, yes have three little ones. wish they would wake me up like that.
    Well Im off .. Ready to roll :)