My name is Olivia and I need to loose weight

Options
Hi all well I have decided after seeing a skinny picture of myself only 10 years ago that I need to loose weight. It makes me depressed and I am the heaviest I have ever been weighing in at 97kg. I used to be lighter but being in a relationship where your partner cooks is hard.

I live in Adelaide, Australia. I don't exercise but hate it to the core and find it boring and unmotivating. I have tried Zumba, Gyms, exercise bike at home, walking nothing seems to move me into doing it. I try to eat healthy but would love to have the support of everyone here to motivate me into losing the weight and keeping it off. It is hard I have bipolar and find I eat with my moods.

If anyone has any tips I would love to hear from them :)

Replies

• bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I feel as though we have some things in common I'm at a similar weight{89kgs) but in april I was 96kgs Im also new here an an aussie chick too.
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have added you as a friend we can help keep each other in check and motivate each other. I know I need it at the moment
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivia and welcome!!
    I am Vicki and I am here to check in and be accountable!! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I began in the same place as you! With support from my friends here and armed with the wealth of information available on MFP I am making (slow but steady) progress. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • kerrycapozella
    Options
    Hey Olivia! As women, we all have different body types, so we all lose and gain weight because of different factors. I know I consume the healthiest 1600 calories a day and watch all categories (i.e. sodium, protein and sugar) it will only take a few days of eating healthier for you to see how much better you feel and how much more energy you have. I always struggle with my weight but I dont want to be like that anymore and have started with a new outlook on life. I want to be fit, happy and healthy!! Start with walking, then do it fast paced, then start doing strenth training. See if anyone in your local area will assist you with working out. Having a workout buddy is key for me! Good luck! :)