SUGAR INTAKE

barbosa22
barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I ate an apple and a banana and i am already over my sugar accoring to this site. Is this bad

Replies

• I am like you. At the end of the day, I look at my report and it looks terrible although I am eating within my calories. Looking for some help on this.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    personally i dont count fruit sugars, just the added kind from processed foods and such.
  • barbosa22
    How does fruit sugar differ from other sugars
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Fruit sugar is natural so it is processed by your bdy differently
    Other sugars, from candy and such is taken by your body and digested rapidly causing you to be hungry again soon and start even more cravings.
  • barbosa22
    OOHHHH I see... Thank u so much!!!!
  • JOY621
    JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
    Even the sandwich bread has a lot of sugar. It is impossible to not go over the allowance.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    No problem!

and i agree, i find myself going over the sugar part almost everyday. I think it is set too low. alond with the fiber. I see myself getting at least 10-15 more grams than what it says i need.
  • I disagree I eat fruit, and count all my sugars as the same...and I still manage to stay full and under my intake. It just takes some practice, and a little knowledge. ALSO your profile will allow you more sugars if you work out, because your body needs a certaib amount so go bike, walk, or whatever you do to work out and earn back some more. :)
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    I don't count sugar from fruit either. Fruit sugar is digested differently from table sugar. My dietician said not to count fruit sugars, afterall - I didn't gain my weight by eating too much fruit. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • No problem!

and i agree, i find myself going over the sugar part almost everyday. I think it is set too low. alond with the fiber. I see myself getting at least 10-15 more grams than what it says i need.

Yeah I always go way over on fiber, but that's intentional because I'm WAY over on iron as well.
This discussion has been closed.