• happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    have you ever had your thyroid tested?

yes it was boarder line..x
  • happystars82
    Options
    Everyone thank you so much for your replys and advice.... i knew i would get instant help that i need from you all...

love you all and if you want to add me to see how i go then please do.

thank you all again. xx
    Amy.:drinker:
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am sure this has been said many times already but I will mention it again, you have to log everything and do it by weigh if you can because that is the most accurate.

If I have two large eggs I crack them into bowl on a tared scale and log the weight. A "large" egg without the shell can vary by 20 grams and these differences can add up.

Get to know your foods by reading food labels even though it can make your food shopping longer and be prepared to challenge what has been entered on MFP by other members and if it seems wrong don't be afraid to enter your own figures in "My Foods"

Pre planning meals helps a lot of people whereas I tend to log them just before I prepare them but I do like to keep some healthy snacks in the fridge as go to's (I even have some unhealthy ones in moderation) For example I was a bit low on calories and protein last night so had a little bit of poached salmon out of the fridge

At the end of the day you have to find what works for you but in my opinion you need to get your diet right before trying to kill yourself in the gym :wink:
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is NOT a race to lose weight, it's your one and only life. When I can wrap my head around that thought, I tend to relax (unclinching those muscles and letting it be). Suddenly, weight comes off. I truly have noticed my mental state is SO tied to my weight. Sometimes, I eat a bit more and exercise a bit more/differently and I feel refreshed. Boom-weight loss. Other times, I don't have the option to eat the best or I work too hard in the garden/gym/house and wear myself out and feel overwhelmed. Guess what--yep, no weight loss. Begin to understand yourself and try to CARE for the precious being you are. When reading your post, so many negative thoughts and concerns are bubbling into your words. What would happen if you could let go of the need to lose the pounds and let the scale simply tell you that you're on the right track? That could mean you don't gain weight. The rest of the puzzle for those numbers might come from your willingness and your attitude toward yourself. Spend time in exercise that makes you feel strong and healthy, nourishes the parts of your being that need attention (sometimes our social life gets set aside while we focus on the gym workouts). Write a little bit about your experiences. I keep a small notebook and weigh once a week, putting in notes about my journey throughout that week. It makes it more of an ongoing reference. Sometimes, looking back at when things went right, it motivates me to keep on when they're not so good. I hope you'll be able to find the path that works best for you and continue moving steadily, slowly toward a life of joy and comfort in your body!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Well I took a peak at your diary and from what I can see...

you are not logging consistently...some days are empty, meal slots are empty...are you eating and not logging?

you are not using a kitchen scale to weigh your food.

And the calories burned how are they measured? HRM with a chest strap? Machine?

Typically when you are not losing weight it is because you are over estimating the calories burned or under estimating intake

Based on your logging and burns could be both.

i think the days i didn;t log i just was frustrated..
    i;ll admit i don;t eat the best of foods but its always within goal.. on such a tight budget that i have to eat what we got in house..i use HRM in gym with chest strap to get my readings

i agree - you aren't logging consitently and it could be you are over estimating calories burned and/or underestimating intake.

and really? you are on a tight budget so you "have to " eat crisps and cookies?

c'mon honey, get real. eat real food - fruit, vegetables, grains etc.
  • happystars82
    Options
    Well I took a peak at your diary and from what I can see...

you are not logging consistently...some days are empty, meal slots are empty...are you eating and not logging?

you are not using a kitchen scale to weigh your food.

And the calories burned how are they measured? HRM with a chest strap? Machine?

Typically when you are not losing weight it is because you are over estimating the calories burned or under estimating intake

Based on your logging and burns could be both.

i think the days i didn;t log i just was frustrated..
    i;ll admit i don;t eat the best of foods but its always within goal.. on such a tight budget that i have to eat what we got in house..i use HRM in gym with chest strap to get my readings

i agree - you aren't logging consitently and it could be you are over estimating calories burned and/or underestimating intake.

I see your point but is food I have in for kids so guess maybe its my will power I need to work on...but thank you for your words.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I see your point but is food I have in for kids so guess maybe its my will power I need to work on...but thank you for your words.

you dont give your kids any fruit or veg?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Come on you can do this! You're exercising which is great. The last piece of the puzzle in this jigsaw, like everyone else above has said, must be logging. Weighing every last little thing you eat will make all the difference, you'll see.

Good luck and keep going!
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I can understand the way you are feeling, i have been yo yoing since a year and it was so hurtful to see the progress report of last year. I am at the same weight i was last year this time. Although ive been sweating like crazy, working my butt off and eating clean and low. I mean should have lost 40 kilos by now at a rate of 4 kg per month. Just giving vague calcs. Then somebody showed me a way to a group here called "Eat more to weigh less".

As expected i ran away from it like hell when i read the name. But on and off I read the support thread, forums and all. And when nothing else worked I had to come back on the group EM2WL and am now in the reset phase. As the its been told at teh group that if youve stalled completely, it wasnt a perfect weight loss.
    So Plz go through it, im sure it will help you break through plateau :)

Good luck.

Hi all, firstly i apologise to anyone on my friends list reading this, they must be so fed up with me moaning....

I am so so low right now and on the floor begging for help...

im currently eating at 1500 and exercising every week day burning between 500-1000 calories a time
    no i don;t eat back my exercise cals ..well sometimes.. but not all..

i sweat like an idiot at the gym and i get a real sense of achievement working out and sweating but i/m soon shot down when i weigh myself every week and i'm the same or even more!!!
    what the fudge is that all about???

i know that muscles retain water to a degree and i know that fat burns and replaced with muscle but i'm doing mainly cardio so yes i have lost some inches but i'm 243lbs! i gotta lose something surly!

i mean i know they work out for longer and eat nothing but biggest loser never seem to get this problem and you never see them working out and then eating back thier calories..

i'm so confused right now and i really don;t want to give up but i do need some guidance from you experience lovely bunch.. i know i can find help here... ive ask for help at my gym but never seem to get a straight answer...

for anyone that wants to work out what i should be eating at here are my details;
    age - 31
    female
    243lbs
    5ft 3 inches
    lifestyle is stay at home mum
    workout every week night 4-5 days a week for one hour burning between 500-1000 calories.

please please please help me. xx

forever grateful
    Amy from the UK