Feeling down. Time for change.

Options
I've been eating terribly over the past few days, and it's making me feel so sad and down :( Why do I have so little self control when it comes to food? I over eat, feel terrible, tell myself it's the last time, then make the same mistakes the next day. I feel like a failure, and my self-esteem has taken a major hit.

When I felt happy with my body, I loved to dress up, go out with my friends, meet guys, date, and just have a good time! I love being outdoors and trying new things, but now I feel completely uncomfortable in my body and I'd rather stay home wearing sweats. I feel like I'm letting life pass me by all because I'm so preoccupied with my body image. It's not worth it. I'm tired of the guilt and feeling like a failure every night before going to bed. I want to end this cycle of negativity.

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I want to wake up feeling determined, work towards my goals, and allow myself to be happy. My first goal will be to make it through one week of making choices that I feel good about. One week from now I'm hoping I will be feeling a whole lot better about myself. Join me for the next week if you are ready to turn a new leaf.. I'd welcome the support :)

Replies

• briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a brand new day. I want to wake up feeling determined, work towards my goals, and allow myself to be happy.

With this mindset you will accomplish great things!!! Use your negative past to fuel a positive future!!!
  • LC8304
    LC8304 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! Last year I used MFP and lost over 55lbs. I stopped everything in December last year and since have gained 15 lbs back! :(

Im back and not giving up. I am going to work towards losing 20 lbs and hopefully keeping it off this time!

Im here to help motivate you and I hope you can do the same for me. Never give up!! :)
  • smallersandy
    smallersandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    one day at a time. Just one day say this to yourself every day and it will turn into a week and more. You can do this !!!
  • annie_e12
    annie_e12 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    one day at a time. Just one day say this to yourself every day and it will turn into a week and more. You can do this !!!

This!
  • jules11786
    jules11786 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear. I absolutely share every sentiment you've just shared. You and I are on this journey together...it's official...you are my support system. I too have always been slim and sexy throughout my life. After a fatal car crash that left me bed ridden for 8 months, i gained 30kg (+-60 pounds) and haven't shed any of it!
    So it's midday in South Africa and i'm hoping that you and i are on par with our decision and commitment to change. I'm into my 5th hour of being sugar free. My first priority is to ditch the sugar habit...COMPLETELY.....my short term goal is to lose 15kg (+-30 pounds) in 3 months. What are yours?
  • archoo_letsdothis
    archoo_letsdothis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    HI cc,

I just saw ur post. It is a hard battle, completely understand. I read some where hat it takes 21 days to acquire a new habit. I dont know if it is true, but works to some extent.

Try making smaller changes first, if the whole shebang is overwhelming.

1. Make your diary visible, so mfp friends can give you suggestions.
    2. Log every single thing you eat. That by itself is a challenge, albeit an easy one. When you see what you eat over a period, you can see how your every day affects your eating .

3. Once you have been logging for like 10 days then start concentrating how you can change your food habits, few things at a time.

Meanwhile, try burning off some calories by working out. I dont go to a gym, I use work out videos from youtube and other sources . You can walk, cycle, jog , run, or go to a gym. The best part abt mfp is the accountability that makes you do it every day.

Take baby steps, you will get there. Good luck.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It is hard to get control over your eating habits, but I found the accountability the MFP diary gives makes a massive difference to what I eat. Having it written down in black and white with the calories next to it makes you think twice about that second or third snack you think you want.

Every day you make a good food choice will hopefully motivate you to carry on the next day so you don't undo your good work. Good luck!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hope you have a great day today!