Poisoned!!!!

Options
I have been researching artificial sweetners. I drink WAY, WAY, WAY, too much diet soda, and coffee with artificial sweetners added.. I have been having all sorts of different pains. Yesterday I replaced my usual 2-liter bottle of diet soda with water. I drank LOTS of water...and today..I am feeling okay. I don't have any pain today...and tomorrow I will see if I wake up with a headache (like I do every morning)...

I thought the last post on this site by Lori P. was interesting also... http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/gb-nutrition/21616-artificial-sweeteners.html

Replies

• TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I know, it's terrible! My MIL always tries to give my son "sugar free" stuff. I don't like him to have that stuff. Watch the headaches though because if you were drinking soda w caffeine you might have a caffeine headache too.
  • archer23
    Options
    I stay away from artificial sweetners espcially anything containing aspartame. The way I see it is the chemicals in the artificial sweetner can't be any better for me than actual sugar so I'd rather eat the real thing!

Everything in moderation!
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    I totally agree...as for the headaches...I am not going to give up my caffeine yet..because I really want to experiment to see if this is a aspartame issue..or a caffeine one. Therefore I will be drinking my coffee solo..with no added sweetners... :(
  • MrsDRS54
    MrsDRS54 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia. It's a natural sweetener and no aftertaste.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It might simply be dehydration causing the headaches. I know that some people get caffeine headaches, and I know all the bad stories about aspartame (and I am not disputing those at all, mind you), but drinks with either caffeine or aspartame tend to dehydrate the body which also causes headaches. Maybe you didn't have a headache because you drank all that water instead. I have seen this to be true for me as well. I enjoy Crystal Light or Green Tea every now and then, but I make it a daily goal to get all the water in my system in addition to the tasty stuff. It has reduced my headaches a lot (I am prone to lots of horrible ones for different reasons...)