Ladies rocking short hair

Options
For all the ladies like my self who rock some short hair... what are your "keep it out of your face" solutions at the gym? I have an asymmetrical stacked bob which I usually twist back and clip or bobby-pin near my ears. This keeps it off my face (mostly, flyways still pop out when I wipe my brow) but the hair at the nape of my neck usually DRIPS sweat.... I've tired a bandanna tied up Rosie the Riveter style and that works except that it can shift and loosen during cardio, which is annoying.

Replies

• S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Eithe,r just hair clips or if I am doing something with higher intensity a simple headband like this one: http://www.echthaar-online.com/var/images/extraimages/haarband-er-snel-en-oncompliceerd-goed-uitzien-008f-1.jpg
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a pixie crop, but I'll usually pop an Alice band in to keep it off my face
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sweaty Bands is a brand I have used. If you can sew I have heard they are easy to make.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Kirby grips for the back, mines shorter at the nape so doesn't all go into a ponytail, or just put up with the sweat lol
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!
    Make it work for your lifestyle. :wink:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    LOVE my short hair! But I think I have a funny shaped head since every headband I find in stores slides back and eventually just falls off. Even the ones with the strips to prevent slipping ;-( I roll a banadana into a headband and that seems to work the best, even though it DOES shift around during my workouts. Sorry, I have no better suggestions. hopefully, someone else will :tongue:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!

I agree. Cut it even more. It's one less thing to worry about!
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i dont haha but that results in sweat dripped down from my hair onto the floor and looking like iv just been swimming.
  • Keh3338
    Keh3338 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to have a short pixie which was no problem. My hair is getting longer and bob-ish now, so I have been relearning how to cope with it. I'm just getting used to it being sweaty. I have a couple different headbands that I use, but many brands are too tight and give me headaches (I guess I have a big head!). I have a nice cloth one that is thicker, somewhat looser, yet manages to stay on my head unlike smaller slightly tighter ones. The best I can describe it is that it's a thicker width, stretchy cloth. When on it would look almost scarf-like, and it has a smaller elastic section at the back. The thicker ones may look a little silly if your hair is shorter, but they are awesome at keeping hair out of your eyes.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I use Bondi Band headbands. I've never been able to wear any of those headbands and such before as it would eventually fall off. These absorb sweat and don't fall off! I even wore one for my half marathon without a single bobby pin or hair tie. If I'm not feeling wearing a headband that day I'll twist my bangs back into a pouf and leave the rest alone.... sweat happens.

www.bondiband.com
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!

Exactly! :smile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    my requirements for hair cuts are "long enough to go in pigtails" or "short enough to stay out of my face while I"m working out"

Right now I'm growing- it's it's awful. I can do 2 little pig tails (paint brushes) or I use a band.

I don't do much jumping around right now- so I just deal with it my face- otherwise if I was doing a lot more plyo/calisthenics I'd have it in my baby piggy tails. Straight lifting- I don't need to see anything- so it just hangs out.

Hair bands other wise.

I love the little rubber bands- they are perfect for shorter hair.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    tiny clear rubberbands from walgreens and a bad *kitten* running hat!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I french braid my hair all along my head. Depending on what I'm doing it's 1-4 different ones that are all held with lots of pins :D

Or I have my normal Emeli Sande quiff kind of hair that is cemented and doesn't move anyway...
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have the exact haircut that you do and I love my Bondibands: http://www.bondiband.com/

I found them at a "health fair" where I had to pick up a race packet. They have some with cute sayings or pictures and in every color and pattern you can imagine. They're wide enough to keep the hair out of your face (although a clip in the back will really seal the deal), they wick sweat and they're not so tight that they'll give you a headache.

Rock on wit'cher short hair!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I keep mine really short at the neck, in the back, so I don't have to worry about it.
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I keep mine short enough that it does not get in my face.
    When it starts doing that it is time for another cut!
    I tell my hairdresser to cut till her heart is content.
    As long as it does not stick straight up and she cuts the ears out she can do what she wants with it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!

You're adorable. Rock that short hair, sista :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    grow it long,, men want long hair..
    better during sex
    funner.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I clip up the bangs or a head band